The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have a 2018 sportsman 570 and i bought the Polaris plow set up. its expensive but worth it. It connects and unconnects super fast.

Reactions: MQ-1

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Neighbor at camp has the Polaris plow on his 2018 sportsman, Only complaint is broken shear pins.. At 30 bucks a crack! broke 2 so far and the snow season just started.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Neighbor at camp has the Polaris plow on his 2018 sportsman, Only complaint is broken shear pins.. At 30 bucks a crack! broke 2 so far and the snow season just started.

I'd bet he could find a comparable shear pin at Tractor Supply for a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what did it run you?
They're about $700 or so. I bought the mount that clicks into the ATV frame used off facebook for $70, normally they're about $160 or so. In fact, I bought it from a guy in gettysburg, and I think there was another guy selling the mount on Facebook in gettysburg also.

Then the plow is I think $260 and the frame that articulates the plow I want to say is another $250. Basically whatever the MSRP on the polaris website is thats what the dealer will charge you. You'll also need a winch to run the plow.

I'd call Polaris and see if they have any deals or coupons for plows right now. I bought mine new but they gave me a $200 certificate for any polaris parts or accessories since I was "a loyal Polaris customer." Which is funny because this is my first 4 wheeler.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
I can buy the shear pins right at my dealer for less than $15 and they have a double end....break it and then flip it to the other side. Don't know if the newer Glacier plow systems changed that would increased the pin price but mine is on a 2015 570 EPS EFI Sportsman.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts