The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Penny started last night around midnight. She has them in a pile and is wrapped around them so I can't get an exact count but I believe she had 8 or 9. One female didn't make it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually this cross was made specifically for bigger game. The stud is a WV bear dog and the pups will be going to bear, coyote and bobcat hunters. I plan on keeping two and so far two are going to West Virginia. I'll try and get some pictures up soon.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wayne, no, I didn't use a Pocahontas Plott from Gene Walker, but I did use a Bluff Creek Plott named Picollo owned by Genes nephew - Joe Walker. Joe, his brother Howard and his dad Norman have their own line of Plotts and are serious bear hunters. Although there are alot of good Pocahontas dogs out there, that wasn't the blood I was looking for.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lost a male pup yesterday. Only thing I can think of is that it got layed on.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pups are a little more than 5 weeks old now. All are healthy and are acting good. It's gonna be hard to pick the ones I want to keep. I'm leaning towards both females. Wanted to get pictures today but the rain started when I got home from work.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Boy Cas those are beautiful pups, reminds me of mine when they were pups. Plott puppies are so much fun. I would have a hard time not to keep them all.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. Yes, they're all pretty sharp. I'm keeping the only two females.

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
I'll take two if you have any that are black, white and tan old buddy. Very nice looking none the less, though I won't admit it in public, no way. Keystonepaul

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Paul,
You get James over here for an hour and you'll be going home with one!!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I just love the one looking back at the camera, and the one on the grass. Man I want a new Plott pup, my boys are now 17 months old.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts