The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my "Shot Plot" plots mixed with oats are coming along nicely. I hit them with urea a few days ago right before we got some rain. There's a few weeds coming up but I guess it's to be expected in a first year plot.

Before...

Today...

Before...

Today...

I got a few 'micro' plots planted last weekend and they're off to a good start so far. I'm going to be planting part of the 'veggie' plot tonight with what I have left of the shot plot seed. It might be a little late for it but when I do the rest of it I might overseed it with some winter wheat.

·
Registered
21,043 Posts
Nice job... Lookin' good!!

·
Super Moderator
8,063 Posts
Let me know how they do...I did ShotPlot last year and the deer didn't eat it much. They nipped at it, but not much. There was a big picked cornfield, though, so they weren't too hard up for food.

This year I planted one plot in oats/clover, another in triticale/winter peas, and another will be straight oats. Maybe I'll throw some ShotPlot in with it. It's cheap enough at the local feed mill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.