The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kapernick just needs to fade away. Quickly. Did you see his nutty "everything is racist" girlfriend rip the NFL for listing him as "retired"? Had to change it to UFA.

He's not blackballed. His skill set was figured out and he just sucks. He and RG-III were supposed to be game changers. Guess what, in the NFL the D-Line guys are faster than college linebackers and some college safeties.

Lamar Jackson needs to develop more as a passer or run a lot less, or he'll get smashed up too.

Kapernick had a nice little run, the D coord's figured out his limitations, adjusted, and proved how to make him ineffective.

And Stiller fans, he would not have been any better than Duck. And then the -- that he brings, not worth it.

Guys like him don't get that football is entertainment, not essential. Fans want to escape politics and media hysteria. If you have a cause, promote it outside the lines.

Especially the anthem. I never served, but I believe over history a lot of white guys and black guys and latino guys and all others fought together, for each other and for that flag patch on their uniform.

He and his BSC girlfriend need to wake up and accept that the limited talent he brings does not outweigh the baggage, and its not worth the hassle. Enough Ducks and Hoyers and such out there at a better price and mych better locker room impact.

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
He was fading away and then you know who decided to make him a campaign rallying point and put him back in the spotlight. Even sent the vice you know who to go to a game and walk out. All paid for by the taxpayers. $250,000 grand for that little stunt, IIRC.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Kappy is probably be listed as an UFA when he is 60.....:smile_big:

Jackson's passing was greatly improved in 2019.....if the same amount of improvement is seen this year, he should be a force to be reckoned with...if all that running doesn't get him hurt. That could be his downfall.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Kapernick just needs to fade away. Quickly. Did you see his nutty "everything is racist" girlfriend rip the NFL for listing him as "retired"? Had to change it to UFA.

He's not blackballed. His skill set was figured out and he just sucks. He and RG-III were supposed to be game changers. Guess what, in the NFL the D-Line guys are faster than college linebackers and some college safeties.

Lamar Jackson needs to develop more as a passer or run a lot less, or he'll get smashed up too.

Kapernick had a nice little run, the D coord's figured out his limitations, adjusted, and proved how to make him ineffective.

And Stiller fans, he would not have been any better than Duck. And then the -- that he brings, not worth it.

Guys like him don't get that football is entertainment, not essential. Fans want to escape politics and media hysteria. If you have a cause, promote it outside the lines.

Especially the anthem. I never served, but I believe over history a lot of white guys and black guys and latino guys and all others fought together, for each other and for that flag patch on their uniform.

He and his BSC girlfriend need to wake up and accept that the limited talent he brings does not outweigh the baggage, and its not worth the hassle. Enough Ducks and Hoyers and such out there at a better price and mych better locker room impact.

The NFL needs either a "BYS" (BecauseYouSuck) or BYQ (BecauseYouQuit) category. I think once you've been drafted (4th overall pick 2011), how can you be drafted again?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Kapernick wasn’t the fourth overall pick in the draft. He was fourth pick in the second round (#36 overall). He’s listed as a free agent. He can sign with any team.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will even withdraw my suck comment and acknowledge he was (past tense) to make it to the NFL and have a nice little run. A very good accomplishment.

Once exposed, and never evolved, and in that league, that's a wrap.

No team or owner wants the antics anymore. See "Brown, Antonio". Way more talent than Kapernick but ever more disturbing off the field.

Imagine if Kapernick does get a shot. A game winning TD pass is called back on a questionable call. The girlfriend goes off on social media about the conspiracy to "keep the black man down", nevermind the WR, DB, and the OT who was called for holding were also all black. And maybe the Side Judge who threw the flag. It's always about race.

Duck Hodges does not have a strong arm (by comparison to NFL QBs) and as such does a good job of anticipating receivers getting open and throws it before they are open. But the NFL figured out that it's not good enough for deeper balls given the speed and quality of NFL DBs. So they adjusted and stacked the first ten yards.

So Duck either needs to build up arm strength or he won't last long. I think as a #3 he's a good fit. Run the scout team, be a good teammate, and be happy with the minimum salary. No need to find someone else's former #1 pick bust to do that role.

Given 32 teams (some with black coaches) never even seriously sniffed the guy, they see something on film that says nope, not good enough, not for the baggage it brings.

Titans exposed Jackson in the playoffs. Force him outside the numbers with his arm and his feet. If he does not fix that, he will be in trouble.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
..just another reason to not watch these "pro" sports "entertainers"..and why I don't watch NFL..NBA...they're just as bad as the hollywood dopes

Yup. So called professional sports, really just grown ups playing games and people treating it like the outcome mattered at all, and hollywood both completely support the liberal agenda. You watch it you help support it. Its one of those uncomfortable truths for some.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
..just another reason to not watch these "pro" sports "entertainers"..and why I don't watch NFL..NBA...they're just as bad as the hollywood dopes

Yup. So called professional sports, really just grown ups playing games and people treating it like the outcome mattered at all, and hollywood both completely support the liberal agenda. You watch it you help support it. Its one of those uncomfortable truths for some.
I dare you to walk up to A. Villenueva and tell him to his face he supports liberal agendas. I will even pay your deductable after you wake up in the ER.

Or say it to any member of Pat Tillman's family.

Markice Pouncey took a lot of crap on social media for flying a big Trump 2020 flag on his boat last month. I'd pay Biden's deductable if he said to Pouncey's face "you ain't black".

Lots of different political opinions in the NFL.
They certainly are NOT all liberals or Hollywood.

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
Well, it’s not “so called” professional sports, it is professional sports because they are the best in the world at playing those games and get paid very well to do so.

Also, a lot of the Pro players give back to their communities with both their time and money. Bryce Harper and his wife donated $500,000 toward Covid 19 relief funds. I’m sure there were other pro players who did something similar. Here is a statement from Bryce and his wife.

“We are blessed to be together as a family during this pandemic but realize many do not have the same luxury. As the world battles COVID-19 and its effects, we are keeping the faith and praying for a swift return to normalcy.

"Through the power of prayer and helping each other with pure intent and love, we will get through this TOGETHER! Faith in our Lord and Savior will help heal the world.

"Las Vegas will always be my family's first home. Philadelphia, our home away from home, welcomed us with open arms from day one. These communities mean so much to us, and Kayla and I want to do our part to help battle the effects of the virus in Vegas and Philly.

"In partnership with Direct Relief and Three Square in Las Vegas, and Philabundance in Philadelphia, our family has committed $500,000 to help those in most immediate need.

"NOW is the time to come together and adhere to the guidelines of medical professionals! We are wishing the best to all with our prayers during this time."

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I dare you to walk up to A. Villenueva and tell him to his face he supports liberal agendas. I will even pay your deductable after you wake up in the ER.

Markice Pouncey took a lot of crap on social media for flying a big Trump 2020 flag on his boat last month. I'd pay Biden's deductable if he said to Pouncey's face "you ain't black".

I have no idea who a. Villenueva is and don't care. Am I supposed to be impressed? Is he large? Is he rich? If he clobbers me Ill own everything he has. May be worth it. Truth is I'd say any thing to any body that I thought needed said.

Pat Tillman was a soldier when he was killed in action. He had left games far behind him. Says a lot for the man. May he rest in piece.

Of course they are not ALL libs. But most sure are and you know that. And the culture certainly is or the take a knee thing would have been over before it started. But it wasn't.

Reactions: coyotejohn

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I very much miss professional sports. I enjoy watching athletes perform at the highest level. I find the dedication and discipline of many of them inspiring. I think it’s fine to passionately support your favorite players or teams as long as it doesn’t go too far. Sports are not life, but something that enhances our lives. I understand that not everyone feels that way.

Supreme Court justice Earl Warren:

“I always turn to the sports section of the newspaper first, which chronicles man’s accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man’s failures.”

It is a also major segment of the economy. Hopefully we will have live sports before long.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I have no idea who a. Villenueva is and don't care. Am I supposed to be impressed? Is he large? Is he rich? If he clobbers me Ill own everything he has. May be worth it. Truth is I'd say any thing to any body that I thought needed said.

Pat Tillman was a soldier when he was killed in action. He had left games far behind him. Says a lot for the man. May he rest in piece.

Of course they are not ALL libs. But most sure are and you know that. And the culture certainly is or the take a knee thing would have been over before it started. But it wasn't.
https://youtu.be/uqPila1GIh4

Here is Villenueva. Tackle for the Steelers, Army grad, combat veteran.

He would be cordial to liberals. That's the man he is. He fought and watched friends die so all in America are free to express their thoughts.

But he and many others in the NFL do not support their causes.

The point of sports is to provide entertianment so we all can forget our problems, small or life threatening.

Kapernick had to politicize it, so he is today where he belongs.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
The point of sports is to provide entertianment so we all can forget our problems, small or life threatening.

s.

Sure. I get that. That's what games are for. The problem starts when people think the out come of the game really matters. They forget its just that, a game. I hear people talking about sports as if it was really something of any consequence. Even high school sports. Whats worse is when these sports figures start telling us what they think about politics, health, race issues, law enforcement policies, whatever, and people LISTEN as if these sports figures had some special insight because they can run fast or catch a ball. The same goes for musicians and actors. Talent in music or acting does not make you a qualified political advisor or any thing else for that matter. Putting these people on a pedestals like we do gives young people the wrong idea about about how the real world works and a lot of other things.

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
The problem starts when people think the out come of the game really matters. They forget its just that, a game. I hear people talking about sports as if it was really something of any consequence.
You couldn’t be more wrong. If a person bets money on a game the outcome matters greatly to him or her. If a person’s living depends on sporting events, it has great consequence.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Plenty of people follow pro sports for the entertainment value. Even more follow the action for the gambling. A large portion of the "fans" have a vested financial interest in the outcome of sporting events. Great consequences, indeed.

If not for the gambling, pro sports would not be near as popular.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts