The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you ever have enjoyed or want to enjoy hunting Elk in the State of Colorado, please read this info..

Info is from another site..

Please send an email before Wednesday to oppose this reintroduction, if you want to not see Colorado Elk herds drastically impacted by this..

Send an email to the address at the bottom of article..

Please help fight this..

The CO CPW is planning to adopt one of two alternative resolutions regarding wolf reintroduction in Colorado. The meeting is this Wednesday, January 13th. The pro-wolf people, in-state and nationally (Defenders of Wildlife among them) are rallying hard, flooding the CPW with emails, and planning to have "hundreds" of supporters at the meeting.

Pro-hunting groups will also be represented, but we are likely to be outnumbered. The pro-wolf people are going at this very hard, may be bussing people in from Boulder. There is a thread on this on the Bowsite CO forum, too.

The alternatives are shown below. If you ever want to hunt big game in CO, this is a HUGE issue. The best alternative for hunters is Alternative 2.

Please send emails to the CPW at [email protected] This is an important step in delaying or prohibiting the reintroduction. The pro-wolf people are all over this. We need the help of hunters!

______________________________ ____________________ _______

Original version: NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission affirms its support of the Wolf Working Group’s recommendations adopted by the Wildlife Commission in May 2005 and hereby opposes any introduction of Mexican or intentional reintroduction of gray wolves in the State of Colorado.

Alternative Version 1: NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission affirms its support of the Wolf Working Group’s recommendations adopted by the Wildlife Commission in May 2005, recommends that Mexican wolf recovery efforts be confined to the subspecies’ historic range, and emphasizes the importance of bi-national recovery planning with Mexico.

Alternative Version 2: NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission affirms its support of the Wolf Working Group’s recommendations adopted by the Wildlife Commission in May 2005, opposes the intentional release of any wolves into Colorado, recommends that Mexican wolf recovery efforts be confined to the subspecies’ historic range, and emphasizes the importance of bi- national recovery planning with Mexico

Send an email to this address:

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Emails sent. Also notified family members who hunt with us in Colorado.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
The Colorado Parks and Wildlife commission voted 7-4 in favor for Alternative 2 regarding wolf introduction (aka opposes the intentional release of any wolves into Colorado, recommends that Mexican wolf recovery efforts be confined to the subspecies’ historic range, and emphasizes the importance of bi-national recovery planning with Mexico.)

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Little Big Man said:
pappybear said:
Thanks for the update TPlank
TPlank is a wolfer. If you don't know what a wolfer is, they are someone who is in favor of the wolf reintrduction program. He is not helping your cause.
You're full of it. Wolfers are another breed. Believe me, I have known/met quite a few of them. Wolfers would not like me for the simple fact that I believe wolves need to me managed through hunting just like any other game animal.

Big words from someone who does not know me.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Wolfers were professional wolf hunters in the 19th and 20th centuries. When the grey wolf reintroduction program started in the mid 90's a wolfer was one who was in favor of the program. I do recall you were in favor of the Yellowstone program even before there were hunting and trapping seasons set up to control these menaces. Are you in favor of the government reintroducing them into Colorado?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Wolves had a historic range in Colorado, and should be represented there now. There would need to be set limits based on sound science and today's carrying capacity and conflict issues. If there are fewer elk as a result, so be it. The elk herd should not be there simply to provide living targets for us hunters, but for a whole range of ecosystem and social values. Probably not making many friends here.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TrailMan said:
Wolves had a historic range in Colorado, and should be represented there now. There would need to be set limits based on sound science and today's carrying capacity and conflict issues. If there are fewer elk as a result, so be it. The elk herd should not be there simply to provide living targets for us hunters, but for a whole range of ecosystem and social values. Probably not making many friends here.
Ask Montana's hunters how that worked out..

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
BugleChaser said:
TrailMan said:
Ask Montana's hunters how that worked out..
I vacationed in Darby, Montana last year and stopped in the local sporting goods store.

The store had a wall, about 20 feet long, filled with local pictures of wolf attacks and wolf kills.

Pictures showing residents dogs, horses, cattle, mules, donkeys either killed or so horribly wounded that my wife became emotional.

Game animals too, from mountain lions to moose to elk, same thing. The big game hunting out there has been decimated by wolves, and thus people lost their livelihoods.

As a result of the loss of big game, the town is suffering horribly. I had a nice long chat with the owner of the lodge we stayed at about this. All of this was done without consideration for the people living there.

It's so easy to be pro-wolf when you don't have to live among them.

·
Registered
854 Posts
These dope smokin, eco weenie wolfers could give a crap about how the wolves affect anyone's livelihood or how much game or livestock they decimate. Wolfers are as bad as PETA and anyone that agrees with this programm I consider one of them period.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Can't disagree much with that other then the dope smokin part. Never met a dope smokin "woofer".

The "woofers" I have met are for no management of wolves through hunting or other, same as PETA. They need managed just like any other game species.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I read someone comment that she was for wolf reintroduction in Colorado so that it would make hunters angry. The "shoot everything" crowd is what she called hunters.

That's the type intellect we're dealing with.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts