The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So gang I saw an ad for Pleasant River Outfitters in Milo, ME. They claim 15 grouse flushes and 10 woodcock flushes per day on average and have access to 2800 private acres. Aside from grouse and woodcock they offer big game hunting as well. I met a pair of trainers this morning from Maine who live about an hour from this outfit and claim it's good hunting but I was interested to see if anyone had any experience with them.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I don't have any experience with that particular outfitter, but I can tell you those numbers sound right to me and I'm only hunting with beagles for hare. We see a lot of grouse and woodcock in early October.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John! I have been looking for reviews online but it seems like most of their reviews are based around their bear hunting experiences. I'll take any info I can get!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
SoYoCoTransplant said:
Thanks John! I have been looking for reviews online but it seems like most of their reviews are based around their bear hunting experiences. I'll take any info I can get!
Well that's probably because bear hunting is their most popular hunt. It's probably an outfitter that does most of its business with big game hunters. I think that's typical for up there. Doesn't mean they don't have fine grouse & woodcock hunting though. Personally I can't wait for my fall hunt in Maine.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
SoYoCoTransplant said:
Ryan,
what are you chasing after this fall?
Grouse and woodcock in Jackman, ME. I have a friend that's hunted up there with his Braques for a few years. DIY hunting with a map of the area, rent a cabin for the week and do our own cooking.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might I ask what the rental costs and how many it sleeps?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Those flush number are definitely right. I stay in a place about 45 minutes to the east of there. Had a great time up there and just about everything holds birds. Send me a PM if you want more info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts