The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
HPA Admin Approved Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bored today so I played with a few turkey pics...nothing special.

Griz

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
They're nice griz. I was going to ask how you get that mural effect with the large bird in the background and others in the foreground.
makes a unique creative picture.

·
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CowDawg said:
They're nice griz. I was going to ask how you get that mural effect with the large bird in the background and others in the foreground.
makes a unique creative picture.
I began with the large photo and superimposed the smaller scene with the others over it.
It's kind of a cut and paste operation. Select the large photo first then use either the lasso tool or edge selector to cut out what you want to put over it. Save it and erase what you do not want on its edges.
That I do with the eraser tool then past it onto the larger photo where you would like it to appear.
Hope that helps. I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0 to do it.
Its not hard after you do a few but it can give you fits at times. Always check it before saving at 100% size to look for any spots you might have missed.
Have fun its a good way to pass time and you never know what you might come up with. I use this process a lot when I do product review articles it makes a more attractive presentation than photos from a studio setting.

Griz

·
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure this out. Since posting the third composite I did with the large gobbler head I have had ten emails from folks wanting to buy a copy and it's not even listed with the others.
Don't misunderstand me that makes me happy but it does go to show you how hard it is to choose what folks will like. I'll say it first I have a lot to learn when it comes to marketing.

Thanks all

Griz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts