The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a lot of yard to garden, but wanted to try potatoes in containers, I have seen several YouTube video's where potatoes in containers do very well..Anyone try it?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
My mom and dad are doing potatoes this year and they got those big wooden shipping containers from fedex you could probaly make boxes from old skids and screw them together and they filled it up with dirt and put in potatoes.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I've done it for years. I always have more then I can plant and give away. You can do it in planters, big nursery tree pots, grow bags, trash cans (with holes drilled), etc. I have a whole bed of red norlands coming up, and three 5 gal. tree pots. Just keep adding growing medium, as they grow then dump them out when they die. They need watered more in pots/containers and fertilized.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I have planted them in stacks of old tires, just fill the inside with dirt and plant away.........

I know someone who plants them in a garbage can full of peat moss.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
make sure to use a late season potato..... they are supposed to be the only ones to keep setting potatoes as you keep making the bed higher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts