The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have some sections of my North Field food plot with this growing in it. Anyone else have it or know what it is? Was planning on spraying it with roundup this weekend and replanting the sections. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
OMG, you CAN'T kill that, it's a very rare plant.......

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Do I see chicory in that photo in the background????

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, first year for chicory for me. Put in a chicory,crimson clover,ladino clover mix. Coming in very nice and deer are starting to find it now.
Your killing me about the rare plant!!!!

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Looks like the chicory is the rare plant in that plot

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Photo tip:
Your camera is focusing on the background, so the plant in the foreground is out of focus.

If you put the plant right down on some background, like a flat rock or bare dirt or piece of cardboard or against a tree trunk, then you would get a focused picture.

But even if it was focused, I still wouldn't know the plant. :)

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
I wanted to call it teaberry but I for the life of me cannot figure out what it is.

Pot can be ruled out though. Think Dutch might have been foolin with ya.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah Dutch is messin with me on this one. It was strange the plot looks really good for the majority of it. It just has sections where this plant took over. I think when I "******* cultipacked" some areas got the seed to deep or something. This grew and no chicory/clover, I'll get better pictures of the good area this weekend.
Here is a picture from my trail camera, shows the chicory/clover better. You can see the winter wheat that regrew from last year. Pretty amazing, that winter wheat survived a heavy discing and cultipacking and still regrew.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
pottercountyman said:
I wanted to call it teaberry but I for the life of me cannot figure out what it is.

Pot can be ruled out though. Think Dutch might have been foolin with ya.
Naw, come on, me? Foolin' with him. I swear, it's an endangered specie...... really. LOL

Scott, Butyrac may help there if there is clover in the plot, but it might also smoke the chicory. Actually, it SHOULD smoke the chicory.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Timber. Its concentrated in one section, I'm thining if spraying it with roundup and then mowing. Any thoughts?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts