The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the different manufacture's and different model's that are made. Which brand or model would you buy in a 300 Win.Mag.?
Thinking about a remington CDL in 300 Win Mag, but would really like a Browning X-bolt gold medallion, but it's out of my price range for now. There is so many choices of them made today which would you guy's buy today?

In the price range from $500-$800.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I would recommend going to a gun show. Seems like a lot of people buy 300's then shoot one and want nothing to do with them. There are always decent buys at the shows for a lot of almost new 300's. You might not get the exact make you want but can get a pretty good deal.

Seen a Winchester model 70 at the last one that I almost bought for 450. Had a leupold 3x9 vari-x too. Prob shoulda bought it.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I bought a new Browning A-bolt synthetic stalker at a gun shop for $500 this past December. At the time, Browning was also offering a rebate for the amount of the tax, which saved me another $60 bucks.

Nothing wrong with the A-Bolt!

B.D.MAGNUM said:
With all the different manufacture's and different model's that are made. Which brand or model would you buy in a 300 Win.Mag.?
Thinking about a remington CDL in 300 Win Mag, but would really like a Browning X-bolt gold medallion, but it's out of my price range for now. There is so many choices of them made today which would you guy's buy today?

In the price range from $500-$800.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I like my ruger hawkeye stainless in 25-06. im sure they would be great in 300 mag as well. and they are in your price range! I also have a remington 700 SPS DM in 7mm mag that shoots good. and they are in that price range as well.

·
Banned
317 Posts
Weatherby Vangaurd S2 guaranteed sub moa I just bought one in 25 06 for $459 and you can by it in stainless with detachable box mag or add it on later if you chose

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I just won a Weatherby Vanguard in a 300 win mag and traded it in on a m77 hawkeye in a 300 win mag, it is a dealer special with a red and black boyd's laminated thumbhole stock on it. It's getting floated and a better recoil pad on it right now, can't wait to test it out!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'd drive to shamokin and pick up the one in the classifieds for $350. Win model 70 clone. Or f i wanted new I'd buy a Savage long range hunter with brake.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I have 2 300 win mags. One is a browning stalkers and the other is a savage weather warrior with muzzle break. Love them both but the savage is definitely my favorite.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
My vote would be for a browning or weatherby model, preferably something light but not too light, recoil you know. The 300 isn't bad recoil but could be in a real light gun. Of course savages are usually good shooters.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
The classified ads always have 300 Win Mag for sale!
Get an Prohunter Encore and you can get other barrels too later!
300 Win Mag can reloaded down to shoot like let say the 3006 or 3030!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
the savages may not look pretty but they do shoot quite well. my brothers ruger is a shooter and looks like a picture. i'd almost be afraid to scratch it, give me the savage

·
Premium Member
24,278 Posts
I had a 300 Winnie in the Rem 700 BDL SSDM and it was a real shooter. I see its offered in the CDL line now. Sold couple years ago.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I just got a 300 Win mag BBl for my encore from a HPA member. I should have it soon. I understand that the round is near perfect for deer to moose! I can't wait to burn some powder!

I would look very hard at T/C arms awesome weapons!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts