The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it legal to place signs warning pet owners of traps in area? With alot more GEO caches being placed on SGL and SFL that I have seen, Alot more people have their dogs with them. Many times they do not leash them. Now I am not sure if that is legal or not outside being a hunting dog or not.But was curious if allowed to place signs on gates to let them know there may be traps in the areas they walk.
We all know the best places to trap animals are the same trails people would use.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It rests upon the public to understand the inherent risks of using hunter paid for Game Lands. "Ignorance is 9/10ths of the Law." The Game Commssion does the job of posting signs for the public to read.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
It would not be legal on game lands.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Do you really want to avertise your trapping area to johnny sneekum. Legal or not please post it up. Then they womt search for my out of the way hidden line and will just steal yours

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is more than less for SFL where alot of GEO caches have been placed. And only at the gate. I think if the PGC would place them on the gates then it would just be a warning that there might be traps in the area. Would not be advertising to thiefs. Like how they put closed to motor vehicle signs. Just add another one for trapping. Some of those GEO cache goers could careless what season it is and just go marching in without any concern for others or their or pets safe keepings. It is their right on SFL but I think some need a warning knowing that sportsmen and women use those areas also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts