The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
He sounded down to earth in his press conference yesterday...total opposite of the high octane mouth piece.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is very low key...he doesn't feel the need to constantly market himself to the next school.

·
Registered
20,682 Posts
The best thing i heard about him was from a coach at Wisconsin that said in the past he adjusted his game plans to fit the talent at hand. Even as I thought it, the guy said: "He wont try to pound a round peg into a square hole". I sometimes had the feeling that was what Graham was doing.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For that offense to work, you either need the right type of talent already in place, or you need to recruit that talent. In Grahams case, the right type of talent needs to already be in place, since he can't seem to stay anywhere long enough to develop a program that suits that offense.

·
Registered
20,682 Posts
Wouldn't a better coach have come in and taken a look at what he had, and then designed an offense that was best suited to exploit the talent he had?

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My personal favorite is from Devin Street's Twitter

"Pitt, burned by devil, looks to Chryst for answers"

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Danesdad said:
Wouldn't a better coach have come in and taken a look at what he had, and then designed an offense that was best suited to exploit the talent he had?
Um, yes. Only a fool would take over a team designed to pound the rock, and decide to use the spread offense with that personnel. If I didn't know better, I would swear that Graham was the twin brother of Bruce Arians, separated at birth. But Arians has a good defense to bail out his failings, backed up by the best DC in the history of football. Graham did not acknowledge that defense existed.

·
Registered
20,682 Posts
So we agree that Graham wasn't that good a coach.

Arians-I dont know. I wonder how much Ben influences what they do. There's probably plenty of times that Ben is given a running play and checks to a passing play. I wonder if he ever does it the other way around?

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Arians managed to somehow make Temple football look worse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts