The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like there are not many guys on here who are intersted in hoops, but I really enjoy college basketball.
Being that I was off today I was pretty excited to be able to watch the Pitt game. Well, it may have been the worst game I have ever seen them play ! It was absolutely atrocious. I mean they were terrible in every phase of the game.

Did anyone else get a chance to see it ? Does anyone even care but me ?
Also, don't any of you guys out in Philly give a crap about the 76ers ?
Just find it odd that basketball is never mentioned in the sports forum. I know some of you guys played the game at one time or another.
Ok, I am done. Just needed to vent a bit.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
I like March Madness, just a little mind you and basically because of the bracket games, but basketball as a whole I could care less about honestly. I just don't like it, not sure why. I don't mind shooting some hoops myself, but that's about it.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
I'm with peppy, except I dont play the game. The Pitt loss was a disappontment for my bracket anyhow. But I had them losing to the Zags in the next round anyway.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
year after year after year, Pitt frontloads their schedule with the cupcakes. I know many teams do this, but it does nothing to prepare them and bolster their game for the post-season. Granted, they did have Michigan early (a loss), but beating American University by 50 in November isn't all that special.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Fleroo said:
year after year after year, Pitt frontloads their schedule with the cupcakes. I know many teams do this, but it does nothing to prepare them and bolster their game for the post-season. Granted, they did have Michigan early (a loss), but beating American University by 50 in November isn't all that special.
The beginning of the season was a long time ago. I don't believe the easy pre Big East schedule has anything to do with the loss. Seeding for the tournament yes. The Big East alone should prepare them for any competition.

However, I do beleive their issue is in recruiting. For Gods sake get someone in here that can score!!! A great defense is all well and good, but they have to put the ball in to hoop!!

Any happen to see Khem Birch on with UNLV last night? Think he would of helped this team?

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have mixed emotions about the current state of the program. There was a time when the team was lucky to get into the NIT and never came close to getting selected to the NCAA tournament. At the same time they never seem to live up to expectations and this year none of the players could shoot and they looked like a badly coached team on Tuesday.
I don't know if Dixon should get the boot or give him a few more years ? The current team is pretty young.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Much of the same from them, just like the pirates every year. I have a passing interest in watching but that is about it. As far as march madness, I'm always rooting for the underdog. Big east isn't fairing so well this year. Gtown was getting trounced most of the night, made a game of it late, but still blew it. Notre dame was embarrassed.

You couldn't pay me to sit and watch the NBA.

I used to play organized ball up until Jr high and played pick up and intramural all the way through college but its just one of those sports I'd much rather play than watch.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Maybe losing to Wichita state wasn't too unexpected after all. Zags were the first number one to lose this year.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
justgrad25 said:
Maybe losing to Wichita state wasn't too unexpected after all. Zags were the first number one to lose this year.
yeah, apparently Wichita state is a juggernaut.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Gotta give it up for anyone who goes by the nickname "Shockers". I pick my bracket by the more unusual nicknames. Lots of animal species out there, so why not like those Shockers, Hilltoppers, and for me personally no one rocks like the mighty Mount Union Purple Raiders.

Not just any Raiders, but the Purple Raiders! #GOMOUNTGO

Wichita State sometimes makes a little noise in the NCAAs, they've been around a long time. The Shockers taking out the Zags makes the Pitt loss more explainable.

As for the Panthers schedule, they were discussing that on local sports talk, and someone said it was The Big Least that pulled Pitt from the Big East / ACC challenge. They had to fill it with whatever games they could get.

And hey, let's not forget Bobby Mo U! RMU beat Kentucky in the NIT. When it's just one game, anything can happen in collegiate sports. These aren't professional athletes, most of them aren't legal to get a beer, they're still kids.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts