The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are they ranked so high every year-seriously

They lost at home tonight against un-ranked Wagner and they lost earlier in the season to un-ranked Long Beach State, again at home

What is up with this team?

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
They might. Honestly, I don't care about Pitt basketball anyway. They are the Indianapolis Colts of NCAA BB. Great in the regular season, but abject failures in the postseason. They apparently did not get the memo on how we do things here in Pittsburgh. Free throws kill them when they play good teams. There is no excuse for that. The line has been at 15 feet for their entire lives, yet Pitt seems unable to do better than 60% from it. I would wager that most HPA posters would be able to shoot better from the line than that.

·
20,126 Posts
It's going to be an off year it looks like it for Pitt. The tough stuff starts tonight against ND. They def. aren't very good this year so far however. But to answer the question they are always ranked so high cause they are good!! Not just sometimes but all of the time. When you consider the school it's pretty outstanding that they are in the hunt every year.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ranked 22nd. They lost by 13 to ND tonight. They don`t deserve to be ranked and are going downhill fast

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
They will be fine in the long run. young team. cant win win 27-30 games every year..Pittsburgh fans are too spoiled..

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rd22 said:
They will be fine in the long run. young team. cant win win 27-30 games every year..Pittsburgh fans are too spoiled..
Did you happen to see their collapse last night-again

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Yes. That shows how young and inexperienced this team is...Not being able punch out a team like Depaul at the end..

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I think its more a combination of many factors,..Every program has a down year or 2...I just hate listening to all the yinzers already sayin Jaime Dixon got to go....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts