The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Glock 36. I am no pistol expert but the recoil spring guide rod is protruding slightly forward from the slide and the slide is somewhat to the rear of the frame (couple milimeters). Just wondering if this is normal for eerything to not be completely flush?

·
Registered
864 Posts
My glock is completely flush. Try to take it apart and resit the spring and rod then put back together to see if that helps.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried several times. It ends up with the same alignment. It shoots fine though

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish i could take a pic but my camera on my phone is broke and i dont have a digital camera. It functions fine - closes, opens, fires. I think i am just being critical. The recoil spring guide rod protrudes forward slightly (almost as far as the muzzle) and the slide is not completely flush with the rear part of the frame (like it is out past the frame a little bit to the rear(im talking a couple milimeters). thanks

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I know nothing about this pistol but if you do an "image" search on google for glock 36 you will get thousands of pictures. Compare yours against them to see if it is different.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Is the recoil assembly seated in the proper place? Should be in the bottom notch. Disassemble the gun take the rod and spring out, then and place them back in again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pic. Yes it is seated the right way. When put back together the guide rod is just about flush with the muzzle. It seems like the guide rod would be flush with the slide/frame and not protruding. Maybe it just needs broken in..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts