The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Ah, time to start getting excited about a possible winning season after what always seems to be a good spring training season.....then epic fail!

It's tough being a Bucs fan....for a long time now!

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's good for Steeler fans to root for the Buccos'. It's what keeps us so humble and grounded, which is hard when you are as great as we are.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Yanks want GI Jones in return for Burnett and eating most of his salary. Bucs can't afford to give Jones away as that leaves too much of a hole at the corner. Laughable but thats what we have to deal with. I hope they work something out for AJ to come here. I think a change back to the NL will benefit him greatly.

·
Registered
20,463 Posts
JasonN said:
Ah, time to start getting excited about a possible winning season after what always seems to be a good spring training season.....then epic fail!

It's tough being a Bucs fan....for a long time now!
That's the usual pattern.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Q2XL12 said:
Yanks want GI Jones in return for Burnett and eating most of his salary. Bucs can't afford to give Jones away as that leaves too much of a hole at the corner. Laughable but thats what we have to deal with. I hope they work something out for AJ to come here. I think a change back to the NL will benefit him greatly.
Jones is a part time player at best. They're bringing in another player just like him only with more upside in Casey Mcghee. I'd trade Jones for a bag of baseballs and a bat.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dennis h. said:
Q2XL12 said:
Jones is a part time player at best. They're bringing in another player just like him only with more upside in Casey Mcghee. I'd trade Jones for a bag of baseballs and a bat.
Kind of a high asking price, given that they accepted that deal for Aramis Ramirez.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I guess its time for the 20th Anniversary of me saying, "This year will be our year!"

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
dennis h. said:
Q2XL12 said:
Kind of a high asking price, given that they accepted that deal for Aramis Ramirez.
It doesn't have to be a baseball bat. It can be a softball bat and we can eliminate the [censored] if need be.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
the censored word is a round thing that a baseball player catches or throws. I can't believe they censored that. Lol.

·
4,229 Posts
Generally I get excited about the up coming season and this year I won't say that I not simply because I enjoy baseball however with an overall disappointing off season my excitement has deminished a bit.

There was so much hope the Bucs would spend a little money in the off season and it turns out they spent very little money.

The A.J. Burnett for Jones trades should be a go. Burnett brings 180-200 innings pitched and 140-180 strike outs to a rotation that died in the end because of too many innings pitched. It does leave a big hole at the corner but if Magahee can fill in and Matt Hague (AAA) can show some stuff they are covered. The Yankees seem willing to eat most of the contract so they get an innings eating pitcher for 2 years (maybe $4M per) that can also throw strikes and they only give up a .240 average, not great defense, and 15-20 homers. Do it!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Everything I've read says Jones is off the table...not sure by who's accord though. Most recent read says that it's for money and prospect(s). I'd like to see Burnett come to Pitt but I'm not sure I'd like to see it at the expense of someone that they just gave a huge signing bonus to. Pirate fans have been hearing about how they have been working towards the future, and most (myself included) say what about today? Now they seem to be trying to do something for today. Time will tell.

·
4,229 Posts
Man I hope this is not a deal for prospects......SEND JONES TO NEW YORK!

I would like wins now too but at what cost. Under normal managament circumstances I would say "Management is too smart to trade away a top prospect" but I am not so sure with this group. If they gave up a Josh Harrison or D'arnuad I wouldn't care but outside of that I leave darn near every prospect OFF the list.

SEND JONES TO NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
the censored word is a round thing that a baseball player catches or throws. I can't believe they censored that. Lol.
Try having a conversation about lead [censored] in the Muzzleloader forum. Gets kinda confusing.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
... Oh and by the way. I'll be powerful mad if they can't stretch it out to an even 20. Two FULL decades of futility sounds so much more epic. I think they can pull it off, lest they're a bunch of quitters.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
They can't give up Jones. Can't beleive Im saying that but that leaves too much question at corner. McGhee is not a first baseman. While he had a nice stick in 09 and 10, he was playing the hot corner. Jeff Clement was a big bat they tried to give 1B to and howd that work.

While Jones is not the all might solution at first, you know what you are going to get there with him and I'd like to see the compliment of McGhee there also.

Give the evil empire 13 million and take Burnett for next to nothing.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts