The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok how about pipe lines, what kinda offers you guys getting out there for right aways?

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
We are in the middle of a lawyer debate as we speak with our property and pipe lines. We are a part of the Strom well. When I get more info I will post..

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
If you dont mind the intermittant intrusion, pipelines can be a good send to your hunting property. Our property in WV is crossed with them, and I can state without a doubt the hunting is better because of them.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
chesapeake will take a 100 ft right of way to build pipeline, then maintain a 50 ft right of way. they also seed back everything when done. they pay for tree value, they chip anything 6 inches and under and stack anything over and give to land owner.

if you are there when they seed back you could make a nice food plot.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
guy in the diner the other morning who's job was buying pipeline rite of way for CHK. he said the current offer is $3,000 per acre, which comes out to $8.69 per foot or somthing close to that. i don't remember the exact price, and i didn't try to do the math,but that is close to what he said.
he also said it was $15/$20 per foot but prices have gone down. i'm sure for the right piece of land the price is still negociable, but they are capable of boring under swamps and wetlands, and going around your land if nessasary

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
You can get them to seed back your property in any type of food plot seed you want if they want that right of way, have it put in the contract.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts