The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call that they want to run a gas main under my property. Offer was 5000 an acre. Guy wants to meet me to walk the property and show him where it is a good place to run it. They stopped offering payment per foot and now are doing the per acre thing.
Anyone in this position.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
25, Is that part of the MARC I Pipeline or gathering lines?

The Marc I is going to run from Picture Rocks to E.Waverly NY. They already did the survey on GL 13 and private properties effected in Laporte. There may be some slight alterations to the route because of property owner concerns but it's federal eminent domain so they are going to put it where they want to.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sit between Rt. 220 and Marsh rdd. on the Sullivan/Bradford line. Its a 24 inch main 3 feet down.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you agree to it I'd make them put a min of 4ft of cover over it, if not 5. Get it in writing. Also be sure that they aren't allowed to sub-let the right of way.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
how many feet long is an acre if it's only 24" wide or do they include a "right of way" ? Why did they quit with the payment per foot, something must be to their advantage.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I was at BUDS camp in Bredford and the pipeline cut is wide almost like a powerline stopped and looked at the pipe in ground and it looked to be about 4 or 5 ft. deep only the mexican's heads shown.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
We were told that the initial right of way would be 75 feet wide during construction and would reduce to 50 feet wide to maintain the pipeline..
The 50 ft. right of way would be planted with grass/clover and mowed about every 3 years.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Typically they want a 50 foot right of way to keep people from building a structure over the line. The per acre route is a little easier for those not in the gas biz to understand. In real estate it's price per acre not sq ft on land. Figure on a typical 50' right of way that every 870 feet of linear feet is way acre (50' wide by 870'long)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts