The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of them drilling under your property to lay a gas pipe line?I see them do it under roads with big pipes.They want to do this on our property. But I am talking 3000 feet drilling horizontally then pulling an 8" pipe back through it.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Yes they wanted to go through my property with a line. Told them NO. I have a leg under the land that is pulling gas, but for 15 grand taking out approx. 5 acres with a 75 foot swath, it didn't seem worth it to me. Pulling the gas is fine, as you have no idea they are even there. A pipeline means some major destruction to the land.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 contributors too and a class 1 stream

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
as you said, they bore under a lot of roads, and i have heard they bore under wetlands.

i know they bore gas lines under 4 lane interstates, across rivers etc, so i'm sure it's possible, and apparently they feel it's feasable as opposed to other options....or maybe they aint got a plan "B" ???

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Plan B is the industry trying to get a "utility" status....they can then claim emminent domain and put their pipe line through anyway, they would pay what they would feel is a fair market value for any actual land use.....

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
I saw where they drilled under Bald Eagle Creek, downstream from Milesburg, for a major gas line. The drilling equipment was a long way back from the creek.

It did cause a lot of silt to flow from two springs further down the valley, for awhile. They must have cut through a limestone aquifer that was carrying that ground water. But the spring did eventually clear up when they were done working, and runs clear today.

I saw no disturbance to Bald Eagle Creek itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts