The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by a local park today for about an hour.

I had 96 cents in clad and a .925 silver pinky ring. Its marked "Made in Ireland". I researched it, and its a Claddagh ring. They sell new for about 40 bucks. The silver melt value on the spot market is only $1.71.

I showed it to my girlfriend and its now on her pinky finger.

That's the last time I'm showing her any jewelry I find. The next ring might be heavy gold. Hey, she has her own detector...she can find her own jewelry.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4c_game_chaser said:
I agree!
Longie, by chance does it look like the one in the center here?
Yup, that's the one..........the one that I used to own.

But, she's a good woman, so I guess I can splurge $1.71 on her.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What does the ring with the heart, crown, and 2 hands stand for? I've seen them a couple times before but never knew the significance....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trail Cat said:
What does the ring with the heart, crown, and 2 hands stand for? I've seen them a couple times before but never knew the significance....
According to the current owner of MY pinky ring:

The hands mean friendship. The heart means love. The crown means loyalty.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Watch how your ladies wear those rings! If the point of the heart points toward the person wearing it, it means her heart is taken or she is attached to someone. If the bottom of the heart points away she is looking or open to dating. Google claddaugh and there is some neat history behind it

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tuckerman said:
Watch how your ladies wear those rings! If the point of the heart points toward the person wearing it, it means her heart is taken or she is attached to someone. If the bottom of the heart points away she is looking or open to dating. Google claddaugh and there is some neat history behind it
I just checked her ring. The bottom of the heart is pointing away.

She “claims” she wasn’t aware of the significance.

It looks like I’m history.

Update:

She showed it to me this morning - she has now reversed it.

I'm good to go.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tuckerman said:
Next time she makes you mad tell her if she doesn't shape up she can go ahead and turn it back around
I like your thinking Tuckerman, but I can’t repeat what SHE said when she read your post………the entire thing would be censored.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts