The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
For years, we sent our applications to Laporte. As I'm sure you did as well. At some point, you could send to any country treasurer. I'm guessing that was when we went to WMUs over counties? Or was it later? I'm still amazed that we are 18 years past ARs. Anyway, we started sending to Montgomery County because they were faster. I wonder if COVID has changed that for this year?

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It looks that way.

Laporte was OK when they issued just for the county. It became a problem when each county could issue for any WMA. Sullivan County would sit on the applications until the last day while other counties were issuing when received. By the time she started issuing them 3B was gone or almost gone. I started sending to Montco after that experience.

I do not now how they are handling them now.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Does it still not say "rewarded" on the PGC website? That would be a long time. If you applied again, could you be dinged for trying to get a bonus tag before you were awarded your first tag? The whole thing stinks. Sorry you're going through this. :(

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Does it still not say "rewarded" on the PGC website? That would be a long time. If you applied again, could you be dinged for trying to get a bonus tag before you were awarded your first tag? The whole thing stinks. Sorry you're going through this. :(
If a 2nd app gets there before Monday and they process your 1st between now and Monday, I suppose you could get nailed for attempting to buy a 2nd tag prior to the Unsold round opening... But if they're that slow in processing, the chances of them trying to process both apps before Monday is almost nil.

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
At last!!!! :) :) :)

Sorry Montco but never again.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts