The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this pink envelope thing can get old but I'm curious. Has anyone been awarded their tags from Montgomery County?

Mine was sent last Friday and should have been in Norristown last Monday morning. As of a couple of minutes ago nothing was awarded.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Mailed mine Saturday 7/11 and was awarded 12:20 PM on 7/20/20...

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
The lady in Norristown did me a solid a couple years ago.
I forgot my postage on the return envelope and she called me.
I told her I was in King of Prussia and could be there in 10 minutes, she said, not to worry and she took care of it.
I used to stroll in there to get the rest of my doe tags when they would go over the counter.
She was very nice, probably too nice to work in that atmosphere...
The last time I saw her she was retiring the following year so I'm not sure she is still there.
I send them there just because that's what we have always done...

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Montco is indeed terrible. Don't apply there

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent mine to Bucks and I am still waiting
I was thinking of sending to Bucks because Montco was slow on the second drawing last year. I see it would not have made a difference. From now on no ore Bucks or Montco.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was awarded Monday. Things are slow in Montco for sure. I applied for a permit to carry back in March and have heard nothing. This is the second time. I applied last year inline and got no response. Maybe the third time's a charm?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Just received my 3 C tag. I was surprised they usually cash your check first before sending tags out.

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just checked the website. No tag yet.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Just received my 3 C tag. I was surprised they usually cash your check first before sending tags out.
My tag was awarded on the 14th in Elk Co.
No pink envelope in my mailbox yet. Can’t remember when they usually dropped the first round back in the mail though.
I do recall that 2nd and 3rd were usually issued Monday and back in my mailbox Thursday or Friday.

·
Super Moderator
13,705 Posts
My tag was awarded on the 14th in Elk Co.
No pink envelope in my mailbox yet. Can’t remember when they usually dropped the first round back in the mail though.
I do recall that 2nd and 3rd were usually issued Monday and back in my mailbox Thursday or Friday.
She general doesn't mail them out until later in the process. She waits until all the checks have cleared them mails all of the first round at the same time. She says if they mail them too early they get a ton of people calling later who misplaced them and need a renewal.

You will have it long before you need it though.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
She general doesn't mail them out until later in the process. She waits until all the checks have cleared them mails all of the first round at the same time. She says if they mail them too early they get a ton of people calling later who misplaced them and need a renewal.

You will have it long before you need it though.

Dick Bodenhorn
I’m sure. Haven’t had any issues with Elk.
I do seem to recall them turning the 2nd and 3rd round out faster for some reason.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Sent mine to Bucks for 3C on 10th, awarded the 17th, came today. Still waiting for license ordered on line 30 days ago. RSB told me to call Harrisburg Monday

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just an FYI: I called the Montco Treasurer's office. The lady who answered the phone told me they had "bins" of applications to be processed. They will be processing all this week to get them issued before the first round of unsold tags starts next week.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
My son and I got ours last week. I got them in the mail the Monday they went on sale. Sent to Montco for 3B tags.

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had ours in their office on Monday morning and still no tags. Fortunately there is still about 1/3 left for 3B.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Dogface - you got yours in a day or two earlier than me, then. What WMU did you apply for? 3B as well?

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes 3B.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts