The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something to get you thru until next spring season is a series of spring hunts by Dave Owens from this past season called the Pinhoti Project on YouTube. Dave is a Grand National calling champion, but that’s beside the point. He chronicles starting in FL then moving north with the seasons. The videos are numbered Day 1, Day 2, and so on. Today he just uploaded Day 42 in Kentucky. Bingewatching worthy for sure.
No commercials. No endorsements. Just a guy doing a little research, parking at the forest gate and figuring it out. Although he is a champion caller, what you could take away more from these videos is it’s less about calling and more about woodsmanship and patience. No decoys. No blinds. And for 95% of the hunts just a mouth call. Some of the places he hunts are ones he’s known for years and some are places he’s stepped foot on for the first time.
So if you are like me, with it being more about the hours it took to find em and fool em, and less about the 2 seconds it took to pull the trigger, check it out.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Another great YouTube series of videos is "The Hunting Public". Aaron Warbritton and friends hunting only public land all over the country. Many hours and days without kills. Ten times better and more realistic than anything on a commercial hunting channel. Turkey hunts from this past spring are also bing worthy. I also saw some deer hunts and I think they're doing all public land archery hunts starting soon. Real hunters, no arrogance, no commercials.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2019 first hunt is up already. Florida youth hunt. Something to get you thru until the season starts.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm a big fan of both youtube channels, and got hooked on The Hunting Public last spring. Watching these guys deal with public land pressure across the country was really cool. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Dave Owens along with Chad Claycomb produce some of the best real turkey hunting video on the market. Watch em and you will learn little things if you pay close attention to them. Dave Owens rework stuff is excellent too. I look each day for new notifications from these two and their adventures in the turkey woods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts