The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took a drive up to Fuller Lake and Pine Grove Furnace . What a difference from 20 years ago . The old log built concession stand is gone , replaced with a new version with what appears to be bullet proof glass . The improvements are beautiful and the flush toilets welcome as well . It is nice to see some tax money that has been spent on such things . The only blemish of the trip was to see a woman get bitten by a pit bull right by the beach .Her daughter owns the dog ...blah blah blah they are friendly -DON"T trust them and never will

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
You're in my backyard. Firm I work for designed all those improvements too, lol. Just road bike tonight up though the park and up over 233 to back home.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I certainly haven't see all the state parks in PA, but of the ones I've seen, I think Pine Grove Furnace SP is really one of the nicer ones. Thanks for the report, Finn.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
wife and i stopped at pine grove furnace state park on wednesday while staying at gifford pinchot state park. didnt make it down to the lake because of time. it took a little longer to drive from gifford pinchot to pine grove. enjoyed the history of pine grove furnace and the iron making that was done there. have to check out the lake next time we are out in that area. we are from the Pgh. area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts