The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

pinchot lake

10K views 41 replies 7 participants last post by  buckinnuts 
#1 ·
Grew up fishing pinchot and hated it then, and now that I have moved back into the area I still hate it. I fished from the dam a week straight week and managed to get a few bass. where are the stripers and walleye at ? fished this past weekend out from the beach across from boat ramp 1 got 1 bass. any help would be greatful.

#2 ·
Been out hear for about 10 yrs now fish off and on...found plenty of bass and crappie...have not found stripers yet...never really tried for walleye..my father n law says he used to catch them yrs ago...but since he retired a month ago he spends alot of time out there and has not caught anything other than bass crappie and pickerel!

#3 ·
I used to catch some eyes every year (biggest 25") fishing for hybrids at night. Haven't got any last couple years. Guy I worked with years ago, caught them back trolling crawler rigs, in the creek channel in the middle of the lake. Buckinuts, I had 5 hybrids, and one 18" largemouth the last three nites. Lost and missed some too. Got a 25", 8 lb hybrid last nite that towed the yak around. All by the swimming area after the storm blew thru. I would gladly show anyone how I do it, but no one seems too interested.

#5 ·
Treemouse..i would be interested...i only work monday and friday this week..off tuesday,wed,thursday,next sat, sun,and monday..i need to get my boat out or see if the fil is interested...

#12 ·
I had to load the yak and gear. Tried to get a little nap and got there after 10. Thought maybe you were already up there so went up by swimming area. 3 guys in yaks up there fishing. I got a 14" largemouth. Then a 24 1/2", 7 lb. hybrid almost pulled me into the swimming ropes bouy before I netted it. Two others exploded on the lure and missed the hooks.

#14 ·
treemouse said:
I had to load the yak and gear. Tried to get a little nap and got there after 10. Thought maybe you were already up there so went up by swimming area. 3 guys in yaks up there fishing. I got a 14" largemouth. Then a 24 1/2", 7 lb. hybrid almost pulled me into the swimming ropes bouy before I netted it. Two others exploded on the lure and missed the hooks.
Sounds like a good night...my father in law will be there tonight(i have to work in the morning) but will be there this weekend for sure!

#22 ·
I was out there tonight, trying to get lucky with the hybrids but no dice. Caught a few largemouths on senkos before it got dark and switching to throwing assortment of top water, a 5" fluke and bucktails for stripers. Also trolled two rods out the back with shiners.. caught two good size catfish on the shiners. The hybrids were making a ruckus, I assume it was them anyway straight across from the swimming area along York side shore. Just couldn't get them to hit on anything I tossed out.

I was out Wednesday night for a while for the first time ever really targeting the hybrids and now tonight till about 12. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated I would like to tie into one them.

#24 ·
Treemouse...it was good talking to you...and picking your brain about the hybrids...i am sure we will run into you again......

Havoc
Were you by the little point where..the soda machine or whatever it is near the camping area?...we were in the boat beside you if that the case

#25 ·
If you were right by pine tree point.. I was the boat going slowly back and fourth between you and the docks that stick out.

How late we're you guys out? I might be out again tonight.. Only 5 minutes from the lake and as long as she doesn't haven't anything planned for I'm gonna give it another try tonight.

#26 ·
Yeah that was us...we went to the swimming area and ran into treemouse....left the lake around 2:30.....We are headin out about 9:30...trying to get one of them things...probably hit it tomorrow night also.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.