The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grew up fishing pinchot and hated it then, and now that I have moved back into the area I still hate it. I fished from the dam a week straight week and managed to get a few bass. where are the stripers and walleye at ? fished this past weekend out from the beach across from boat ramp 1 got 1 bass. any help would be greatful.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Been out hear for about 10 yrs now fish off and on...found plenty of bass and crappie...have not found stripers yet...never really tried for walleye..my father n law says he used to catch them yrs ago...but since he retired a month ago he spends alot of time out there and has not caught anything other than bass crappie and pickerel!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I used to catch some eyes every year (biggest 25") fishing for hybrids at night. Haven't got any last couple years. Guy I worked with years ago, caught them back trolling crawler rigs, in the creek channel in the middle of the lake. Buckinuts, I had 5 hybrids, and one 18" largemouth the last three nites. Lost and missed some too. Got a 25", 8 lb hybrid last nite that towed the yak around. All by the swimming area after the storm blew thru. I would gladly show anyone how I do it, but no one seems too interested.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Good luck, I've been to Pinchot a couple of time the last few years and I can't figure out how to consistently catch largemouth out of that lake, or any other for that fact, way different than smallies on the river

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Treemouse..i would be interested...i only work monday and friday this week..off tuesday,wed,thursday,next sat, sun,and monday..i need to get my boat out or see if the fil is interested...

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I'm semi-retired. I mow properties Mon.-Thurs. with another retired guy. Weather can change that. Usually go down Thurs., Fri. and Sat. nights around 10.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Cool if i get all my honey do things done i will try to be out this weekend

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Didnt get my boat finished today...so i wont be makin it tonight...great chance for the weekend

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I had to load the yak and gear. Tried to get a little nap and got there after 10. Thought maybe you were already up there so went up by swimming area. 3 guys in yaks up there fishing. I got a 14" largemouth. Then a 24 1/2", 7 lb. hybrid almost pulled me into the swimming ropes bouy before I netted it. Two others exploded on the lure and missed the hooks.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I was in the cove yesterday and the bass were real active before the storm around noon. I had to get out and try the fishfinder on my yak.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
treemouse said:
I had to load the yak and gear. Tried to get a little nap and got there after 10. Thought maybe you were already up there so went up by swimming area. 3 guys in yaks up there fishing. I got a 14" largemouth. Then a 24 1/2", 7 lb. hybrid almost pulled me into the swimming ropes bouy before I netted it. Two others exploded on the lure and missed the hooks.
Sounds like a good night...my father in law will be there tonight(i have to work in the morning) but will be there this weekend for sure!

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
I hear they stocked...fingerling hybrid ,walleye,and channel cats...in pinchot and redman!...speaking of redman has anyone ever caught hybrids there?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Looks like every 2 years on the historical chart

1 - 20 of 42 Posts