The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Was there yesterday(easter sunday)...went through 4 doz minnies in 3 hours caught at least 45....had 6 keepers 9-10" real thick too...but the big boys havent showed up yet...had 2 rods out and some of the time i could not keep up with them...

·
Registered
831 Posts
could anyone that fishes this lake give a guy starting location on where to fish for these crappie. I want to take the girlfriend out to catch some fish to get/keep her interested in fishing. We wouldn't be keeping anything.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I tried for crappies at pinchot twice last year off boat, never got any, trying to figure it out myself, so not much help probably. We went up last Sat., guys at bait shop across from main buildings and boat launch said most guys fish around the dam, or the shallow end at bridge. I see alot of people crappie fishing at main boat launch, and the little walkway, island deal around there, must catch some there. I saw alot of guys fishing, and quite a few small crappie brought in, from the shore at the one corner of the dam. Not sure how fishermen got there, but it must be the hot spot, at least last Sat. Didn't try to intrude on their area from the boat, instead I worked the opposite shore and middle, trying at the depths it looked like they were fishing, but still didn't catch any.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
There's a parking lot right below the dam breast, right off the road, beside the outlet stream. Go to DCNR and pull up a map of the park.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
WHAT is the Difference Between Memorial Lake and Pinchot Lake??

Seems the Crappies Start hitting Earlier on Pinchot then they do on Memorial!

I fish Memorial Alot for Crappies and they do not start hitting good till the second week of May!

What is different between those 2 lakes??

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Dont know memorial at all but maybe pinchot is shallower

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Pinchot is a dishpan lake with an average depth of around 10ft. It is down there in more open, land. Memorial is tucked in closer to Blue Mtn., with wooded, trout streams feeding it. Probably warms up slower.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts