The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of taking a road trip to Pike or Wayne Counties one of these days to hunt coyotes...heard they have a decent population. If anyone can suggest places to scout and hunt I would appreciate it, or pass along any other useful information... PM's are welcome too. Thank you in advance for the input.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Both great coyote counties. I bear hunt them both. You're gonna find a lot more scrub in Pike Co. just an FYI. Try Delaware state forest around SGL 209. We shot two in there during bear. I've missed a couple in that area also. If the swamp is dryer than try SGL 310. SGL 312 is another great SGL to try for pred. A lot of thick swamps you could find a coyote in. Find the swamps during late evening or very early morning and set up on them. During the night you could prob hunt the open woods. If your looking for someone to team up with just give me a shout. I've had my eye on that area for a pred hunt and would like to give it a try. Rather with someone whom knows more about pred hunting than I do.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
I live near SGL 310 and have seen VERY little coyote tracks. About a week ago I walked the railroad bed to the deer dump. Spotted a few red fox tracks and a single grey, no yotes. There was also a fisher running all over the place.

·
Super Moderator
2,567 Posts
If you do get in touch with me. Can show you a few places

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hunt pike and Wayne all the time and a couple spots in Lackawanna. Run the hound in Delaware state forest quite a bit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Five years or so ago I hunted sgl 310 in Wayne County and could not believe all of the coyote tracks. Hunted SGL 180 in Pike and was very disappointed with the time I put in there.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
x 2 on t gamelands 209 , dense swamps if you get back in , minimal people also in the dead of winter . may also want to try pecks pond area , lots of deleware state forest and gameland in that area

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
delware state forest is loaded with them I also saw a large bobcat in their during bear season pm me if you would like to team up in either pike or wayne

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hunterdan199...Samuel and I are going to team up on Friday. Do you want to join us or I can team up with you on Saturday. Just send me a pm and we can work out the details.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Where are you guys planning on starting? I know we have a storm coming in but I'm not sure if the snow is starting Friday morning or Friday night.

·
Super Moderator
2,567 Posts
starting around noon and 6" by midnight

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Might bag the trip if you guys are getting 6" of snow...that is alot. How much is on the ground now?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Going to run a dog Saturday near promise land if you'd like to join going to take a new dog out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts