The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a house in Pike County on Lake Wallenpaupack (Greentown, Palmyra Twnp) and I am seeking a hunting club or access to land in Pike County for Deer/Bear/Turkey using my Greentown house as a "base camp".

Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know any I may be able to contact?

Our house up there abuts the DE state forest just across 507 from our house but from what I understand, it is very heavily hunted.

Our house will comfortably sleep 8 or more. Maybe we could get a bear crew together to push through the state land.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still searching for land access in 3D .. anyone?

If you have a lease and hotel it, I've got the place to crash.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
casey said:
99.5% of the clubs are private.
I'm hoping someone's got an opening and would at least meet with and speak with me.

Worth a shot, no?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ive hunted pike for 10 yrs. I do well in terms of deer, all on state land. I look for the out of place areas. I dont even go near rte 402 or rte 209 between milford and bushkill, its like a pumpkin patch. If I were you I would look for out of the way spots. You may have to hike a bit. But, I do well. Scout early. Like late oct and Nov. Rule of thumb, got the first 2-3 days. Every day the chances of you getting a deer are less and less. I also hunt in NJ during shotgun and if PA doesnt pan out, NJ unlimited doe season is long and I always end up with 1 or 2 the most. I dont overhunt like some people. There are lots of spots I have on pike co. Just look around and you will be fine. Just to be out hunting is a joy even if I dont get a deer or pass on some. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Every single morning there are deer in my backyard which leads out to 507. Just no way I can hunt. Directly across Rte 507 is DE State forest - which I'm told is a madhouse during rifle. Also, my wife who is currently living up in that house sees bear about every other day in the backyard. Already destroyed our "bearproof" garbage box. She took a picture of a sow and cub 5' from our sunporch sniffing into the sunporch, with our springer barking his fool head off. She's seen several solo bears in the backyard at different times and tells me she's sure they weren't the same bear. I know come hunting season, my backyard will be their safe-haven and I can't hunt them there b/c there's only 200' from my back of house to Route 507 and I've got neighbors on both sides of me. Oh well. At least we see them.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If anyone's interested in seeing this place, go take a look in "Hunting Camps" above and I've posted pics under "we replaced wytetail acres".

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I've hunted all my life in Del State Forest. After the first day most of the orange army will have moved on, except for the first Saturday. Check out the area across from your house and look for the thickest, ankle twistinest places and hunt them. Most of the competition leaves by lunchtime tuesday!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We were out riding - wife and I and stopped in a rainstorm for some dryness - at a watering hole near the house. Met a group of bikers doing the same. Exchanged numbers and got together for a BBQ. Another group came in as the bikers were leaving and we hit it off with them. The couple who were local came to our upstate house for another BBQ (we grill alot) and the guy invited me to hunt his private land with him. May turn out to be good. Only met the guy three times, so I'm hoping to keep the friendship moving along and as a side benefit hunt with him. My old lady and his BS on the phone quite a bit, so you never know. He's only got a small pc but hunts it alone or with one guy, so maybe it'll be a good thing, who knows? Don't want to be pushy. He invited, I'll wait and see if he invites closer to the season.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts