The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
I don't wanta start anything on the subject on wearing saftey glasses but... whats the difference between wearing safety glasses at the range or wearing them in the woods? If brass gets ejected and somehow flys straight back into your eye, or some other kind of problem happens when the brass gets ejected what difference does it matter if its in the woods or at the range?? Can't say that i've ever seen alot of people wearing safety glasses out in the woods when hunting.. It's just more of a liability when your at a range

·
Registered
833 Posts
It will be an ugly subject if your Daughter damages her eyesight. As for Me I only wear eye protection with a Flintlock in the woods and with all shooting at the range.
Maybe that's foolish for I have been swatted by branch's/limbs different times. Please teach your daughter to shoot with Rifle on a Bag or a rolled up towels = keep powder flasks and containers containing powder a safe distance from the "Flash". If your Daughter is serious about shooting there are many NRA Junior Shooting Programs around the state for more fun shooting beyond Slaying Animals.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Great pics... good for you getting her started at an early age. She seems to be very interested through the pics.

The 2nd pic is very cool... thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
CAUTION Inhaling burn blackpowder can be adictive.Don't let her do it!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
"Way cool But PLEASE get her some safty glasses . Especially with a flintlock " LUCKY GUY YOU ARE!!!!

I must agree-----A quick story----When I first got into blackpowder shooting my best friend and I were at the range and (not thinking) I stood on the wrong side of his flintlock when he shot----The entire left side of my face was peppered and bleeding from the touch hole! I had glasses on (the wrap around that look like sun glasses) They saved my eye for sure for they were full of black powder as well.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Getting tem em hooked on that kinda smokin at a young age is great!!

Neat pics...thanx for posting up!!

·
Premium Member
24,179 Posts
Cool pics

1 - 20 of 31 Posts