The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

· Registered
9,880 Posts
Rem243 said:
RB..

Whats up with the Penn State shirt and the Pittsburgh pants??
LOL...my brother Jim was going to Pitt at the time of that picture, one visit to see him in Oakland and I knew i was going to Penn State.

i am a burgh boy...but for the life of me i could not get blue and gold to take hold,like black and gold did. ALthough i did like my Iron city...like our buddy Kevin is holding in that pic.

· Banned
2,523 Posts
I love Oakland but would never dream of living there...might make an exception for Carnegie Mellon though. I go and get my O fries and head home....hahahaha

· Registered
9,880 Posts
RonM said:
Would not want to run across that group in the woods,and they all armed,,no sirree........
Ron do you mean the "booze beam"? Take note I only think a couple of those bottles ever got cracked in celebration, usually the Old grandad...most were likely on the 5-6th year to camp and still not open, but we usually had a fresh old grandad every year for the week.

· Banned
1,614 Posts
I only have one picture from the 90s, because of my age, taken in 1999. Here's my very first buck, a 6 point, that I took sitting on my dads lap with a .223. This was my very first deer hunt, and truly the hunt that started it all. An obsession that has led me to hunt all sorts of species in a bunch of different states, countries, and continents. My passion for whitetail hunting has grown exponentially since this day in 1999, and I'm very fortunate to still be able to hunt on a regular basis with my father, who took me out that very first time, and countless times since then. Although my passion has now switched over to archery, I'm so thankful for my very first rifle hunt. Even now, after 13 years and nearly 150 whitetails later, I still remember this hunt just like it was yesterday! Check out that full body pumpkin suit (still have that thing)!

· Registered
1,853 Posts
1981 According to my field notes seen 127 deer this day in Allegany State Park New York, just over the Bradford County Line. My 1st out of state deer is the one on the back. This was the proper way to haul them back then

21 - 40 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.