The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the heck let's see those old pictures from the 80's and 90's too. Hard to believe but the mid-90's is going to be twenty years ago here in a few years!

I started hunting in the 80's and I've often wondered what these forums would look like back then if they existed, what the topics of discussion would be and such. lol

To start off here is my first deer ever, a button buck, killed in Jefferson County in 1987 with a .35 Remington lever action.

·
6,450 Posts
nice pic eye......I bet you would have a bunch of complaining about small racks and too much ground to hunt making the decision where to go a lot harder....no matter what decade hunters will find something to complain about

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know, I think back in those days most folks were just happy getting a buck no matter the size of the rack. lol

No takers? These threads are better than reading about the complaints on here.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
unfortunatly we never took a camera to deer camp. then by the 90's we were getting so many deer it was almost boring

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Ok Eye, here is one from 1988. My first buck.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
doe fom 93 wth willys in the background. the little one in front is nowa sophmore in college.

heres me and a spike in 92

when skinning tiny deer, always wear pajamas

this is 89. mine and my dads buddies 6 pointers

dad making sure i cleaned the turkey right in 91

·
Registered
236 Posts
USAF assigned me to western South Dakota in the 90's.

TR

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here is my first buck from 1980. It was from SGL 37 in Tioga county. It only seems like a couple of years ago. I looked at the coat recently and it is really small.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I'll throw a couple up...... Not really sure what year these were from, that is my 1985 Honda 200x. I remember my father saying " That is not going to pull a deer" LOL

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
OK eye, now we are talking....let me fire up the scanner tonight, I ruled the 80-90's LOL...down side it makes me feel old.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
This one was from the mid 90's sometime. It was on a deer damage farm and the family definately did some damage.
I am not sure how many we killed, but I remember the old 1/2 ton ford was sitting pretty low with all of us and the deer in the back. And yes I know those are some awful looking hats that we are wearing.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I use to have those brown boots with the red stripe! I remember falling more than walking in them. They had no traction and the felt liner never stayed in

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Fieldzy said:
I use to have those brown boots with the red stripe! I remember falling more than walking in them. They had no traction and the felt liner never stayed in
Yep, but they were cheap and warm.

·
Registered
196 Posts
wahoo said:
Here is my first buck from 1980. It was from SGL 37 in Tioga county. It only seems like a couple of years ago. I looked at the coat recently and it is really small.

This is a really nice picture...especially being from 1982

·
Super Moderator
26,927 Posts
The Jones cap, the Safe T Bak canvas coat, heck that could've been me.........except for the nice buck

1 - 20 of 93 Posts