The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work 12 hour days Monday through Saturday. Want to get the Daughter a Deer. Decided to take her to a Preserve due to the lack of time to scout and spend time trying to find Deer in the wild. I was wondering if anyone has pics of Deer in the 120 to 130 class. Can't seem to find a preserve owner with pics of this class. Please keep your negative comments off here. I understand the thought behind preserves. Just trying to get her a Deer to keep her interested in hunting. We are all brothers and sisters in this sport. We don't need to hate each other. The anti's do this well enough.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
I tell you what. I shot a 120 inch buck and it's my biggest to date. A 120-130 class but would be really nice. Pope and Young minimum is 125, if that gives you an idea.

Think of a good 10 pointer or very good 8 pointer.

You could check out the Northeast Big Buck Club's website and go to the photo gallery. You can sort buck pics by size.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I also agree with yellow. I wish I had taken my son to a preserve. If he harvested something early while starting out he may have been an outdoorsman or hunter.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had a great time on a hog hunt at Whispering Hollows. Located within Bedford County. While there I observed many amazing fallow deer. Their antlers are quite impressive compared to most whitetails.

TR

·
Registered
22,642 Posts
the quality of high ridge has gone down hill over the years., Tioga is suspicious at best, years ago (30) the D.A.'s office had some cases involving them, could be better by now.
always check references,
i took my son at age 11 to Cherry ridge in Warren for wild boar, he shot one close to 300 lbs and he was hooked for life. they dont offer boar hunts anymore but they do offer deer hunts.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Not sure they are still open but you can try and find Majestic World Lodge. They had some deer there along with many many elk. The lodge is not far fromPortage.

·
Registered
22,642 Posts
i like the looks of that place.

Youth Program

We also have a Youth Program for first-time hunters or youth hunters who want to hunt with their parents. As an incentive for our youth program, we invite parents to bring their youth hunter on any hunt and we will let them harvest a doe at no cost.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I've never been or hunted here but I know the Father-In-Law of the owner that does alot of the work, etc. Really nice guy. index

1 - 20 of 26 Posts