The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just got home from Yellowstone national park in Wyoming, it was amazing, here are some photos of the trip. I will post more later.
these first 4 pics are of some of yellowstones gorgeous thermal pools. they are stunning to see in person.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now some animals
These guys are the rulers of the park they have no problem stopping traffic. This pic the ranger is trying to clear the road.

elk at the lodge we stayed at

nice bull

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Nice pics! I rode through a couple months ago on my bike. In Lamar Valley there were grizzly feeding on a downed bison. I bet the bear attack outside of Cooke City was talked about when you were there. I left that way on Rt 212 going from Cooke City to Billings.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Best time of the year to see animals there is May. Anytime is great to be there though versus work, lol.

Nice pics of Morning Glory and Grand Prismatic pools.

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Awesome pics

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
we stayed in serveral lodges, the park is so big we wanted to see as much as possible so wee jumped around alot. Very amazing place, I'll post more pics tomorrow, I got home late and i am to tired to do it tonight

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
I was going through my Y-stone pics last night. Pulled this one out to show someone on another board. From Memorial Day this past May.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts