The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
chanterelles.. found around 1000 will be going back today to pick.

ginseng .. picked off the berrys and planted them nearby, found about 6 plants total in 3 different spots.

another mushroom i found ..just thought it was cool looking

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Cool...now I know what gensing looks like.How do you replant( dig a small hole and place in it)? I assume this is to propogate the species.
I wondered what those yellow looking things I have been seeing were- my new puppy was trying to eat them- I had to keep him off of them...or not- I thoughtt they might be posionous...

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Cool pics. Ive never seen ginseng either.

·
Registered
36,758 Posts
Boy, you hit the jackpot, I wish I could find that many in one spot! That last picture I believe is called Old Man of the Woods.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
79inpa said:
on second thought what trees do you find the chanterelles under?
Looks like maple or ash

·
Registered
371 Posts
Great find dayton boy13...need help getting them in?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Those might be false chanterelles, so you better let me know where the are and I'll take a closer look for you. I'm in 2D also, so it won't be any trouble for me.:)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well guys i found all of mine under big oaks all that size. i did pay attention to that. curly long time npo see i wish i would have gotten to this sooner. i did go out and i did selected harvest on these things got about 1 garbage bag full. all so found real chicken of the woods, also found a large 3 prong 5 leaf ginseng plant i'll post pics. of later.to all you beginners i previously posted a chicken of the woods fine on here 2 times in the past week the big giant ones are actually jack-o-lanter and the ones in the big cluster i have no idea what they are but i know they are not chicken of the woods now what people couldnt see in my pic. was they ahd gills on the underside of them, chicken of the woods does not and i didnt knwo it at the time, didnt eat any of them yet. so whew. but i cant stress enought get a book or take a class and know what your picking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts