·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Nice rifle!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny thing was I wasn't really looking for one in that caliber. I have been looking for one in 250 Savage of 300 H&H at a decent price. I just stumbled upon this.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Nice rifle! I have always liked #1's!

Are the rings Ruger factory? If so, I never seen that style of Ruger rings before.

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[QUOTE="

Are the rings Ruger factory? If so, I never seen that style of Ruger rings before.

Good luck, Tony
[/QUOTE]
Yes the rings are factory. They are very early Ruger #1 rings. Quite rare.

Reactions: ruger300

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome rifle sir. Friend of mine had one several years ago and sold it on GB for a chunk of money.
Guy on the Ruger forum tried to trade me a Ruger #1 in 250 Savage for it. Even though I hadn't offered it up for sale. Than got ticked at me because I said he would have to add cash, saying it wasn't worth much more. I would let it go a Ruger collector if they needed it for their collection. I am not a collector and use the rifles I buy. They would have to pay well for it as I don't mind it sitting in my gun safe.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
What a piece of junk. I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands for the shipping price.

P.S. I have a safe full of them.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know a lot of people are going to say I am doing the wrong thing, but I am putting the gun on gunbroker with a price a person who is extremely knowledgeable in Ruger #1's suggested. I have been bugged a lot with extremely low ball offers so if they want it they can buy it there. If it is needed for a collection it is worth what I am asking. I am not a collector and if a collector needs it for his collection that is fine. He or she can have it and I will buy myself another #1 that I can take hunting with me.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
As a suggestion. Why not put your asking price here first and let it run for a day or two, give your fellow HPA friends a chance?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It doesn't go to auction till Monday at 7:00PM so members have the a chance till then. I am asking $2500. I know some may think that is high but the MSRP on a ruger 1 in 250 Savage, 300 H&H are $1900. I am looking for both of these along with a 38-55 which I know will cost me well. If it doesn't sell it is no big deal I will mount a scope on it and use it. Just trying to give collectors a chance. I can cancel the 13 day auction at anytime if there are no bids on it.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
coyotejohn I thought about it and I really screwed up putting it on gunbroker before listing it here. I am sorry to anyone who would have been interested in it here. Sometimes even at my age I act before I think. I should think of family first and I didn't. John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts