The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at a new Anschutz 22LR. But I have also been looking at some used rifles. I found a Kimber of Oregon Classsic Model with just a few scratches. I can buy the Kimber for the same price as the Anschutz. What do you guys think?? I am not new to these rifles. I still own an Anschutz in 22 magnum, and have owned a few Oregon rifles, and still own a 3-gun NIB set. I need to make a decision. What do you guys think??

Pros?? Cons?? This is a tricky decision!! These are left handed rifles. The Anschutz model # is 1416LD. Thanks, Tom.

·
Registered
15,144 Posts
I would go with the Anschutz because I have shot alot of them and love the way they shoot, but thats me.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Most Olympic shooters use Anschutz, as well as most serious target shooters for a reason... Someday I'll buy one...

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have an Anschutz 1710HB which is a nice rifle.That being said, if I was buying a new top end 22 I'd look long and hard at the Coopers,they are put together VERY well.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andy1 said:
With the above said - I would find, then buy, a Winchester model 52 first....
I have never seen one of those in a left hand rifle. But it would be a dandy. Tom.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wiktor said:
I have an Anschutz 1710HB which is a nice rifle.That being said, if I was buying a new top end 22 I'd look long and hard at the Coopers,they are put together VERY well.
I have looked at the Cooper's. And I agree they are a fine rifle. However they cost almost twice as much. Now if Cooper was still putting quality wood on their standard rifle then I would buy one in a minute. But Cooper is charging $1500 for a straight stick of wood-so IMO they have priced themselves out of the market(just an opinion). I know the Cooper's will shoot. But no better than a Kimber of Oregon rifle will shoot. Heck they are basically the same rifle. The guys from Kimber of Oregon are the guys who went to work to start Cooper rifles. Tom.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
They never made a left handed 52.............I would take the Anschutz over the Kimber any day.....

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Give the Mossberg Model 44US some thoughtbefore plunking down a lot of money. Heavy barrel target rifle that are shooters and can be had for $3-400. I can headshoot squirrels all day with mine.

Stetam

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stetam said:
Give the Mossberg Model 44US some thoughtbefore plunking down a lot of money. Heavy barrel target rifle that are shooters and can be had for $3-400. I can headshoot squirrels all day with mine.

Stetam
I have never seen one of those either in a left handed bolt action rifle?? But like the Winchester 52 it would be a dandy. But I doubt if it is made left handed(like the 52
). Tom.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Savage.....Bought one for my son....He's a lefty. Scary accurate. $219 out the door with a 4x scope. It cuts one hole groups at 50 yards with all the rounds in the magazine.

Heck, I even shoot it good even though the bolt is on the wrong side

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
HOGGHEAD said:
Stetam said:

Stetam
I have never seen one of those either in a left handed bolt action rifle?? But like thechester 52 it would be a dandy. But I doubt if it is made left handed(like the 52
). Tom.
Oops!! just saw lefthanded.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sykotik said:
Savage.....Bought one for my son....He's a lefty. Scary accurate. $219 out the door with a 4x scope. It cuts one hole groups at 50 yards with all the rounds in the magazine.

Heck, I even shoot it good even though the bolt is on the wrong side
Been down that road. No thanks. Tom.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Both are fine rifles and you will be happy with both.

I've shot a Kimber 22 in silhouette matches and it has done very well for me. High quality gun, smooth action, and great accuracy. Now if I could only hit those peeps at 25 yards freehand. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts