The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Courtesy of PA Bird Man...Thanks for taking the time!

These instructions are for uploading photos using PhotoBucket.com. You will have to open an account. After you sign up you will have to log in with your username and password each time you want to use it (unless you have cookies set on your computer, I also recommend saving the site as a favorite). When logging in you will be shown a page that will allow you to upload your pictures. A browse button will let you search your own computer files for the pictures you want to upload. You also have the option what size you want to upload the photos as - 640 x 480 is recommended.

When you find a picture you want to upload, click on it and then click "OK". If you have more than one photo, repeat. When you have picked all of the photos you want to upload click on "upload". What you've just done is make a copy of your picture and put it on their server in your account. You should be able to see your photo below the upload box, you will also see 4 rectangular boxes named "email & IM" "direct link", "HTML tag", and "IMG". To post a picture on HuntingPA.com, go to huntingpa and start your post, keep the window open for both photobucket and huntingpa. In photobucket click on the "IMG". A yellow pop up will say copied. Paste the picture's address into your new post on huntingpa. You can put as many pictures as you want on this one post. Finish your post just like any other message, and it's that easy you've posted a picture(s) for me and everyone else to see.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Please note that Photobucket and some of the other online photo repositories are increasingly spending time getting money by allowing advertiesements, some of which can be questionable at best with some young viewers.
I have had great luck with Google and their Picasa product. It's a little tedious at first to get a pic to post, but it works well.
http://picasaweb.google.com

·
Registered
167 Posts
i've downloaded my pic to photobucket.. and in your insrtuctions you cay to click a photo that you want and then click OK well i'm not seeing the ok button??? i hope you can help me figure this out thanks matt

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
http://www.ripway.com is also another great freesource online file host as well. You can not only upload images but, other files, too. Movies, music, programs or whatever you may need to upload. No ads. Easy instructions. Generates your direct URL link, UBBC and HTML codes as well. The only thing is, you see the names of the images and not the thumbs of the images so, be sure and create subfolders and file things where you know where they are. Because of this, load times seem to be much faster.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Another Photobucket Image Uploading Tutorial

Here is one we had wrote up for Photobucket that is a little more in depth and is more recent. Photobucket changes up how they do things every couple of months it seems. But for the most part, this tutorial and the first one in this thread should get you posting images.

* STEP 1: The first step in putting your pictures on a website would be to upload them into your computer by scanner, digital camera, etc.

Once you have images in your pictures folder then, you are ready for the next step.

** STEP 2: I would suggest going to http://www.photobucket.com and setting up a free account so that you can share your pictures on the net. Just follow the easy directions and set up your account. Don't forget to bookmark them or "add to your favorites". Once you have set up your new account, you are ready for the next step.

The first page you go into at PhotoBucket will be called "MY ALBULM". You will see an option that says, "Create a new sub album" with a text box to the right. I highly recommend that you start off by creating "sub-albums" to where you can easily file your images so you don't have 100's of them that are not organized. You will realize this later on.

*** STEP 3: Click on the album or sub-album link in which you wish to upload the image to. Once you are where you wish to place the image, you will see a box close to the upper right hand corner of the page that says "Upload Images & Videos". Inside that box, you will see "Choose an image (or a video)" with a text box and a browse button.

Simply click on the "browse" button and it will open up your images in your computer in a seperate window. From there, you just left click on the image in your computer that you wish to upload and it will put the route in the text box for you. Once you have done that, click the "UPLOAD" button that is under this area.

**** STEP 4: Once your image has uploaded into PhotoBucket, you will see a small picture of your image appear in the album below. Under that image, you will see 3 text boxes that have routes to your image.

1. EMAIL & IM: This will allow you to send an URL via email or instant message

2. DIRECT LINK: This will simply show the url or the link back to your image that you can post on a site. It will not show the image on your post. Using just the URL, when you make a reply, there are some buttons above the text box that you type the "post" in. The 3rd button over from left is the "Enter an image" "ubbc" button. Click on the "Enter an image" button and a pop up comes up. Then enter the direct url in that text field in pop up and it will automatically enter the image for you.

3. HTML CODE: Don't worry about this one. Tag codes do not work in the area where you will be making posts.

4. IMG CODE: This is the one that you want to actually show the image where you post at on a website. Select all and copy this route then paste it to the post where you wish to share your picture. It has the URL with an image tag on the beginning and end of the URL.

Note: Once you have entered a picture and PhotoBucket has generated a route to that image, if you delete that image or move it to another sub-album, you will break the link and that picture will not be there anymore.

Going Further:

*Generate HTML and IMG Codes: On the bottom right of your album, you will see an area that is marked: Generate HTML and IMG Codes. What this does is allows you to check a small box by the image that you would like to generate codes for then, click on the Generate HTML and IMG Codes button and it will show you a list of codes and links for different sites and emails. It also generates "thumbs" or "thumbnails" which is a small clickable image of your image that will bring up the full size picture.

These are the HTML and IMG codes that you will see at this point:

1. HTML clickable thumbnails for Ebay, Livejournal, MySpace, etc.

2. HTML images for Ebay, Livejournal, MySpace, etc.

3. IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards

4. IMG images for message boards

5. URL's for email, Yahoo messenger, AOL messenger, etc

#'s 3and 4 are the only ones that can be used on this site by members to show images on posts.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
What about changing your avatar? I had one, wanted to change it and now I forget how I did it the first time.

I have a picture sized down to 80x80 pixels on photobucket but I keep gettin an error "improper picture type". Its a jpeg. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
114 Posts
sounds good. here we gooo

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
How come when i posted my archery buck pic it only shows the link to my photobucket account andnot the pic?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
You have to copy and paste the IMG code, which is the last of the 4 things when you go to your pic on Photobucket

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have done everything you guys have told me about posting a pic from photobucket got an account uploaded the pic and everything. i clicked on "img" and a little yellow box appeared that said copied and i got on the website and pasted it and all i get is the words not the pic any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Coonhunter,when you copy and paste the link only the "words" are visible-click on preview post or preview reply and your pic should show.Then simply click submit.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
+1 to fordman99, that should be all you need to do.

·
Registered
309 Posts
What am I doing wrong? I tried 3 different times and my picture is not coming up. I see no HTML or IMG codes on the bottom right of my album.I am not good with computers but I am trying any help would be appreciated. thanks

1 - 20 of 52 Posts