The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take my son up for some of those big smallmouth in the bay but I've never been on the water there and have no idea where to start or what to use. We have a boat and tons of tackle, he is only 8 but refuses to use anything other than artificials for bass:)

Can anyone help out with some info?
Thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
I fish there alot. Any tubes,grubs or shallow running cranks work well. Once the water warms up some soon be no deeper then 5 ' deep they will be up spawning on the sandy flats.

·
Super Moderator
4,597 Posts
I fished it one day last year and had a ball...caught smallies, largies, and drum all day long...Plan to hit it in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Times close. More and more bass boat trailers in the lots every day...

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Its gotta be on very very soon. Get in the bay, throw tubes and smash em.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Jr. Club will be up shortly for a tournament. The kids have a blast. Any tubes, senko, jig. At times spinnerbaits and chatterbaits do well. It all depends on the grass. And the stages of the spawn. Make sure you are constantly checking your line for nicks and frays. It really is an awesome fishery.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Throw Zoom Super Flukes anywhere in water 6 feet or less. The area in front of Perry Monument all the way west to Marina Bay is great from now until early-mid June. Awesome.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Snowed last night. Temps in the 40s with high winds.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
1 truck \ trailer in the parking lot this morning that had 10 in it last week...

Sorry my info isn't great, just providing what I do know. Temp is supposed to hit the high 70s tomorrow...

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fished from 1045 until 1245, Drove the boat around more than I fished. I caught two smallies about 3.5# in 9' of water. Then it started raining so I packed up and went home.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
2 trailers today and the bay was more or less flat and it was 63* (Air temp) at 8 this morning.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts