The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I will be opening up a class to understand how the heck to take a decent picture of your kills :ROFLMAO: Seriously though guys, you're shooting some good deer and post a half a$$ picture of it with awful angles. Get in the dang picture and be proud of the deer you shoot. Get some good angles, not just a pic of it laying down where it looks a mile away. Hold the rack up right and get behind it so we can see the detail and appreciate the buck/doe you've killed.

Rant over, but jeeze guys learn how to take some good pictures to show off your kills!

Registered
Hate to say it, but I concur wholeheartedly. Most hunters have modern phones, so set a timer/ role a video and rest your phone on a log. At the very least prop the deers head up on a rock or log.

Enough of the dirt nap, only one side of the rack from the top pictures.

Registered
I really miss the days when hunting was about hunting and not "how presentable we can make hunting look."

Registered
Should I take and post pictures of my food also?
Only if you are staring lovingly at it. Maybe long arm it a little bit. To show respect.

Registered
I think what zjheeter is getting at is if your taking the time to write and post a harvest thread to share with everyone, then you probably have the time to take a picture that does your trophy justice.

Aside from the fact that the buck didn鈥檛 get much justice after you put an arrow though him.:LOL:

Registered
I think what zjheeter is getting at is if your taking the time to write and post a harvest thread to share with everyone, then you probably have the time to take a picture that does your trophy justice.

Aside from the fact that the buck didn鈥檛 get much justice after you put an arrow though him.:LOL:
How about a real life picture of what the deer (or other) actually looked like and not a Disney-fication of hunting?

(Honestly, either one is ok with me but there's only one side that seems to try the "moral high ground". Either way it's a dead animal.)

Reactions: pchunter1231

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

LOL yes that is what I'm trying to say. I knew the haters would come out and complain about what I said but I just ignore it. I am saying this because I want to get a good luck at your trophy deer regardless of the size.

People just love to hate I guess.

Registered
How about a real life picture of what the deer (or other) actually looked like and not a Disney-fication of hunting?

(Honestly, either one is ok with me but there's only one side that seems to try the "moral high ground". Either way it's a dead animal.)
I get what your saying, but I think you went way left field with it, literally. It鈥檚 not to appease Facebook hero鈥檚, and antis simply just for everyone on HPA to see the full scale of the rack and deer. Tongue hanging out, arrow sticking out, hide drenched in blood are all good in my book!

Registered
I will admit this is a topic that I have brought up but unfortunately doesn鈥檛 seem to hold much importance in our group. My biggest regret with my bear was that I didn鈥檛 get a good picture of it laid out in the woods in the classic bear pose. Instead we were in a rush to figure out how to get it out of the woods and get back to deer hunting so I took a half assed picture of me sitting next to it how it fell with its head in the leaves from the underside that doesn鈥檛 do it鈥檚 size or fur justice.

Looking back I honestly wish I had taken the time to drag the bear up the hill, lay it out and then drag the buck over so that I could have sat between them both in the woods and taken the picture. I personally think it would have looked much better than the picture in front of the barn with the bear hanging from the tractor and my buck splayed out in the gravel.

After that I will definitely take more effort to get better pictures of our deer going forward. Years from now when my memories are foggy and I want to show my future kids and grand kids what hunting was like and the deer we got when I was younger I want to have good pictures to show them and relive the memory when I鈥檓 telling the story.

Registered
LOL yes that is what I'm trying to say. I knew the haters would come out and complain about what I said but I just ignore it. I am saying this because I want to get a good luck at your trophy deer regardless of the size.

People just love to hate I guess.
Actually a lot of the pushback stems from getting "lectured" by much of the "good photo" crowd.

Registered
I get what your saying, but I think you went way left field with it, literally. It鈥檚 not to appease Facebook hero鈥檚, and antis simply just for everyone on HPA to see the full scale of the rack and deer. Tongue hanging out, arrow sticking out, hide drenched in blood are all good in my book!
Gotcha, and I probably did. There's a reason why a lot of people won't post pictures though, and a lot that is because of the "picture police". This felt (and still does really) like another one of them.

Reactions: Stalag13

Registered
Gotcha, and I probably did. There's a reason why a lot of people won't post pictures though, and a lot that is because of the "picture police". This felt (and still does really) like another one of them.
Fair Enough.

Thread Felt like a decent outlet to encourage guys to post quality pics with their kill. Could鈥檝e gone about it more tactfully I guess. Still, I would never insult someone鈥檚 pictures on a kill thread, Only offer congrats and positive comments.

Registered
I am always more impressed by good write ups than actual pictures. If we鈥檙e being honest with ourselves most guys only really ogle over bucks that are over 130 and aren鈥檛 going to spend much time studying a 100 inch deer some guy posted. With that being said I would much rather read a well written post with some emotion behind a 8 point basket rack compared to just looking at a picture of a big buck . The hunters recap is far more interesting to me .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts