The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out hunting this morning, decided to take a pic of an unusual black cherry tree I call the "bended knee" tree. This afternoon going through the pics I realized there was a deer standing there and I had no clue. If I was hunting more and photographing less I'd probably have 1 less tag.

Attachments

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is behind the brush. That is a creek bottom where the deer is standing and their cover is always to the thick woods about 75 yds to the right. After I took a few pics of the bended knee tree and also in the other direction behind and above me, about 400yds of old pasture, I started to walk to the right towards the woods. After several steps 2 deer went flying down the creek bottom in the direction of the arrow. I only caught a moment glimpse of them and couldn't tell buck or doe. But I didn't know one of them was standing in view right in front of me, watching me, as I took the pics. I was completely concentrating on the tree. Harder to see at this resolution but at 4200 pixels I can see the ears, an eye, and black nose.

Other pic without snow is 2005, I was on the the other side of the pasture shooting in this direction at 374 yds.

Attachments

Registered
It is behind the brush. That is a creek bottom where the deer is standing and their cover is always to the thick woods about 75 yds to the right. After I took a few pics of the bended knee tree and also in the other direction behind and above me, about 400yds of old pasture, I started to walk to the right towards the woods. After several steps 2 deer went flying down the creek bottom in the direction of the arrow. I only caught a moment glimpse of them and couldn't tell buck or doe. But I didn't know one of them was standing in view right in front of me, watching me, as I took the pics. I was completely concentrating on the tree. Harder to see at this resolution but at 4200 pixels I can see the ears, an eye, and black nose.

Other pic without snow is 2005, I was on the the other side of the pasture shooting in this direction at 374 yds.

Okay now I see the deer but it looks like you are the photobomb in the pic!!

Nice going, nice buck and thanks for sharing....

Premium Member
Nice pic and deer, "in the background" lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts