The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must confess I have been unable to figure out how to post photos here directly from my photo site.

I suspect the issue might be that they are not recognized as a suitable file type (ie .jpg, .gif etc.) although they are .jpg it is not included in the url.

I have added the file type to the url but to no avail.

If anyone has the key to my conundrum--short of using photo bucket--I would be very appreciative.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
i was using gallery for a while too - it's a nice photo server - please make sure you are doing some sort of backup on that box though - I lost ALOT of pics because a dual drive failure in a RAID setup.

that said, there is a plugin/tweak for gallery that allows you to have a "link" button to any visible picture/thumbnail on the screen for posting in a forum.

This BBD software can't use the PHP hyperlink to render a pic because it doesn't recognize it as an image file type.

Try dl'ing gallery2 and see if the button is in there. otherwise you can fall back on moving the pics you want to host on sites like this out to Picasa or PB, but I am certain there is a bit of code you can use with Gallery - I just can't remember. I still have a nasty taste from losing all my pics a couple years ago.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much--I am still working at this but it appears there could be a problem with my web server settings.

I feel for your previous loss. Years ago I was using a hosting service that went broke

Eventually I did get the files on CDs.

I do have this backed up on a local drive. I did loose a lot of text when I upgraded versions of Gallery while changing my hosting service. I still have to go back and try to recover that.

I am curious about your loss with a RAID system--was it a RAID 1 with a physical mirror drive?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm taking the easy way out for the moment. My IT person is far too busy doing billable work to be working on my government projects

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

It worked! That is my morning coffee buddy

Thanks for the help--I promise I will get the issue with my server resolved!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A couple more of my yard buddies:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts