The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The topic for # 9 is "Summers End"

Summer is really starting to wind down, the fairs are here, football practice has started, farmers are all preparing for the winter ahead, everyone is harvesting from their garden and canning and preserving for the upcoming winter and it's back to school. The bucks are shedding their velvet, trees will begin to show color, etc.

You guys and gals show me you best Summer's End photo

The contest starts today and will end at midnight September 3. I will post the winner Friday September 4.

One entry per person

And remember this is for fun only, the more pictures that are posted the more interesting it will be to see who wins.

Good Luck

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Instead of ttt - I figured I will show a photo of something that reminds me of the end of summer. This picture will not be judged.

One more week to find the perfect shot.

·
Registered
995 Posts
There is no other time of the year when "Busy as a Bee" is more apropo..My entry..

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
This was a tough choice, I had 2 pictures I really liked for this contest, but I guess I will go with this first one as my official entry...

Late summer nights usually find me sitting on a hill over looking some fields I archery hunt. I sit up there with binoculars, a bird book and sunflower seeds watching the fall migrants searching for food as they push south towards what is probably more home to them then their breeding grounds...signally an end to their all too short stay with us. Naturally as the light fades from the sky I am hoping deer will find it safe to feed before dark, but typically the sunsets are sufficient enough. This picture was taken as the sun was setting over the cornfield right below my observation post. Cornfields, feeding deer and migrating birds...get the rakes out, it won't be long now.

This was the other picture I was debating over...to a fly-fisherman such as myself nothing signals the end of summer like the colors a brook trout puts on in preparation for the spawn. A better fish couldn't have been chosen for our state symbol!

·
Registered
631 Posts
HERe it is the pic. is not as good as i'd liked it to be but it was the best i could do with what i had. being a bowhunter and an outdoorsman. i allways love seeing these at the end of the summer time.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Sunset - Last Day of Summer Vacation at the Delaware Seashore.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Finally got my computer fixed and can participate. Great pictures everyone ! My pic can't compete on quality just a rare glimpse at a buck starting to shed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I know I am late so I know they will not count but here are 2 late entries
World Series Champs of 08

Pa Ren Faire 09

1 - 20 of 20 Posts