The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the winter cold holding strong, the subject for Contest #18 will be: Keeping Warm.

Maybe it's sitting fireside or cross-country skiing. Or perhaps a hard-core flinter wrapped in buckskin and fur trying for a deer in the final days of the season.

The contest runs from Jan.11 to midnight, Jan.24. One entry only. Good Luck

An old picture but a little inspiration...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
While trapping in Maine November 1st to the 14th, my truck sucked in water (from beavers flooding the road) and blew my engine. A logging truck pulled us out of the water. Help was 2 ½ hours away. The truck would not start and we needed to stay warm. With 3 ½ million acres of lumber around we were able to get a nice fire going. The cold was not an issue after that.
ED C

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is what my son and I used to keep warm friday night. This was taken shortly after he got up Saturday. It was only 20 degrees out!! It was his Boy Scout troops Polar Bear Weekend and our first camp out in a tent in winter. Looking forward to doing it again.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only a couple days left, I guess there's alot of cold people out there.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Let's get this thread going again!!!

Here's my last minute entry. Still fiddlin' with the new camera.
Wasn't the shot I wanted but will have to do.
I had all the ducks sitting huddled keeping warm on the ice edge but they seen me coming and that was it.

Kinda critiquing my own photo here, ducks are out of focus slightly as the camera kept focusing on the icebergs in the foreground.. All in fun though!!!!
Next time..

Keep posting boys!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keeping in the vein of "involved youth" the winner of Photo Contest #18 is Trapper Bill. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Good job! Congrats!

Let's get this thread active again!!!!

To be a winner, it's not having the best camera out there!! Heck, I don't even know how to use mine yet.

It's all about having the best thought and imagination of your shot for the topic........

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for picking my photo. They are all great. He will be happy to see we won. I will post the next contest after I get an idea from him.. Thanks again..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts