The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HPA Admin Approved Vendor
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting participation is tough I know so I'm thinking we should try this:
Enter your very best harvested game animal, deer, bear, turkey, upland game, ect. trophy photo. Sorry no fish that could be a separate category of its own later.

Rules are easy.
<span style="color: #FF0000">One entry only </span>
Harvest must have taken place this year 2009 in Pa.
Photograph must be tasteful and taken with respect for the bird or animal. Meaning bloody photos of animals hung from a rope in a garage or with their tounges hanging out in the back of a truck are not acceptable.
Contest will begin on Sunday Jan. 3rd and end on Midnight Sunday Jan. 10th.

Good luck all, I know there are some very well done hero shots out there I have seen many posted here. Please keep in mind it's not the size of the rack or length of the beard that counts its the quality of the photo that is being judged. If you think your pic would look good on the cover of a magazine then thats the kind of pic that will win.

Griz

·
Premium Member
24,212 Posts
I guess i'll be the first. I took this pic on a timer and tripod from my other camera, a Canon Powershot. This was taken in the spring of 2009

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Griz said:
Photograph must be tasteful and taken with respect for the bird or animal. Meaning bloody photos of animals hung from a rope in a garage or with their tounges hanging out in the back of a truck are not acceptable.
How dare the hundreds of disrespectful hunters on this site who have posted pics of deer hanging, or in the backs of trucks!!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Here is my son and his first Turkey hunt score at age 10 1/2 from May of 09. Camera used was a cheap Olympus stylus 4.0 megapixel on a self timer.

I know it's not a great picture to many but for my son and I it is sure a winner, as he is a high functiong Autistic and has come very long way from the beginning!

He also shot his first Buck a 3 point the first day also, very proud. Sorry for the Bragging

·
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JTD, brag on you have every right in the world to.

Kids are what it's all about.

Griz

·
Registered
150 Posts
I posted an edit version of this pic in another forum but I feel it is the best hero shot we've taken in years.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Here is my son's 3rd spring longbeard shot on May 13, 2009

The picture was taken with my cellphone.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Great pics so far and all worthy of the winning pic.

Here is one of my trophy pics. It isn't a deer, a bear, or even a turkey. It is a little woodcock taken during small game season 2009. I can still picture the beautiful autumn day running Belle, one of my German Shorthaired Pointers, on the SGL for pheasant. Belle stopped in one of her statue like points, I walk in for the flush expecting a big old rooster to come cackling up. When I hear the whistling wings of the woodcock, I almost didn't shoot, but as you can see Mr Doodle fell to my 12 gauge that day. Belle returns with the fallen bird to give to her owner. What a day!

·
Registered
946 Posts
OK here is my contest submission. This is a picture of my 2009 archery buck taken by my dad. I like to have quality pictures of my kills taken at the point of recovery with the weapon used. That is the case here. My dad did a good job with the composition of the shot. I really liked the nice background the buck chose for his final photo op (I have many trailcam shots of this buck) and the sunset sky in the upper left corner is cool.

V

·
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Making a decision on this one was not easy. Every photo that was entered had its own merit and I especially enjoyed seeing the ones of the youngsters after all they are the future.
Thank you to everyone who entered.
The winner of Photo Contest # 17 is Hillbilly John for his photo of he and his son dragging out a buck.
Congrats John, its your turn to come up with something new for the contest.

Griz

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's an honor to be chosen. All of the pics were great and with each contest the competition gets stiffer. I really enjoy the contests and just seeing the creativity of everyone that participates.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Congrats!!! .....Awesome pic!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts