The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not an indictment on all Philly fans and certainly not members here but this kind of stuff just seems to keep happening in the City of Brotherly Love. Philly fans are some of the most brutal fans in the country not only to the other teams and their fans, but to their own teams. This is a disgrace and yet another black eye for the sport of hockey.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/video-ca...er-hockey-game/

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Not offense bud, but this is becoming old news. There is a lot worse stuff going on at sporting events in other cities, but for some reason the media likes to target and pick on Philly when just one thing happens. Philly is still one of the best sports towns in this country and will be for a long time. Check out Broad Street hockey blog and look at what we are doing for that Rangers fan. I'm a member there and also contributing toward it. You just might change the way you feel.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good for you phase and good for all the others who condemn this behavior. As I stated, I know there are a lot of good, decent Philly fans and that the majority aren't like this. I know that fans in Oakland and San Fran are some pretty big hooligans as well.

I just hate to see things like this, especially after a hockey game. Hockey has gotten enough of a bad rap for things like the McSorely and Bertuzzi incidents, fighting and then the outrageous riots in Vancouver last year. I realize that alcohol usually fuels these shenanigans but people need to control themselves.

College kids rioting in the streets whether their teams wins or loses, Montreal Canadiens fans doing the same, football fans stabbing each other, baseball fans killing each other, hockey fans brutally beating each other, basketball fans brawling with NBA players and each other, etc. Sporting events around here are starting to look like soccer games in Europe. Why does someone allow themselves to get riled up so much over a game that they are willing to possibly kill someone over it? It's madness.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I would say alcohol is the biggest factor. Some people just don't know how to control it and themselves, especially if you're an idiot to begin with. Ex-marine, police officer, whatever that Rangers fan is, he's human. That's good enough reason to not be assaulting someone. I might hate the Rangers and Penguins, but as a whole, hockey fans need to stick together. The best sport on earth, period.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I once punched a guy sitting behind me at a phillies game because he said jose reyes was looking really fast. he either said that or jose reyes can kiss my..I just assumed he was a mets fan either way.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Dan Castle said:
I once punched a guy sitting behind me at a phillies game because he said jose reyes was looking really fast. he either said that or jose reyes can kiss my..I just assumed he was a mets fan either way.

Its heart warming to see that fan can still smile after all that....

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buckethead said:
Seconds after this photo was taken, the NJ fan started chanting "Crosby [censored], Crosby [censored]!" and all was cool. Philly fans even bought him a beer.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Glad to see a respectable post turn into another Philly bashing. You guys are a joke.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Actually, the post I made were meant as a joke. I guess any humor above and beyond Cartoon Network is lost on you?

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who's bashing?

You see, this is the kind of attitude that, when combined with alcohol, leads to these rumbles at these games. Someone jokes around and is wearing the "wrong" jersey or whatnot and they get a beatdown in the process.

Phase, nobody is claiming that all Philly fans are hooligans. It has been well documented that Philly fans are extremely passionate about their teams and even love to unload on their own teams when they aren't winning. Flyer fans are also well documented in their hatred for Crosby and their chants at every game. Heck the chant has even been heard when the Flyers were playing teams other than the Pens. Philly fans love to use the term Cindy Crysby alot too and post pics of him with a quivering bottom lip and tears running down his face.

It's all in good fun, most everyone realizes that but when something like this beatdown happens, it is crossing the line.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Buckethead said:
Dan Castle said:

Its heart warming to see that fan can still smile after all that....

the nerve of her to show her face in these parts

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Man, good thing I can't stand baseball. The rivalries there seem more vicious than the hockey ones...

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Buckethead said:
Typical. One guy puta a choke on the Devils fan and then the other punches him in the face. Either of the two Philthy fans would have wet themselves and begged for mercy if they had to face the Devils guy mano y mano, but given the chance to cheap shot him, they do what they do best.

·
Registered
773 Posts
True fact, like it or not,,,,, Come into our house (Philly) wearing opposing team outfit and talk drunk trash to someone and you take your chances on a fight. I had great interactions with opposing fans the way it should be, but many cant handle their booze and resort to a brawl. Knowing philly fans beat up Santa at a game in the years past, should tell ya to watch your back if you spout off to the wrong idiot.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts