The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pitchers and Catchers report to camp today!

Can't wait to see some Phillies baseball again!

I already got tickets to take my kids to two of the kids Run the Bases games when they went on sale earlier this week. Last year they cancelled the Run the Bases on us because of rain, so hopefully we get two nice sunny days this year!

Anyone interested in meeting up and going to a game sometime this year? A few of us met up at a game a few years ago (Rabbit, Peppy, and I), and I just thought I would throw the idea out there again!

Should be another good year!

Let's go Phillies!!!!!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Today is the Day, Phillies 1st Spring Training game vs the dreaded NYY! Gonna be televised on Comcast and I ain't gonna miss the game.

Go Phillies!!

·
Registered
39,632 Posts
Yep. A new baseball season. Hamels starts for Phils and Ibanez bats cleanup for the Yanks.

I'm really looking forward to hearing Chris Wheeler tell me the obvious.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Watched the first 5 innings or so of the game on Saturday! It was great to have some Phillies baseball to put me to sleep again! Lol.... Joking of course!

I so can't wait for summer to get here!

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
looks like nails is gonna be making some license plates.

Disgraced ex-New York Mets outfielder Lenny Dykstra on Monday was sentenced to three years in a California state prison after pleading no contest to grand theft auto and providing a false financial statement.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Cynthia Ulfig sentenced Dykstra after refusing to allow him to withdraw his plea and said the scam to lease high-end automobiles from dealerships by providing fraudulent information and claiming credit through a phony business showed sophistication and extensive planning.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"FredEx" may be joining him soon too...

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Now here's a good sign, Vance Worley.

On Monday, the 24-year-old right-hander seemed to be in midseason form, recording eight strikeouts over four perfect innings against the Pirates in the Phillies' 4-1 win. The eight K's were his most in a game since tossing nine in seven innings of a 9-4 win on Aug. 23 against the New York Mets.

Add Kendrick and Blanton to the Big 3 and the Phillies should win alot of 1-0 games!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll be headed down tomorrow for the welcome home party and the preseason game. If any of you guys get to a game I'll be at every Sunday home game in section 108 row 34 seats 13 and 14 stop and say hello.

AS far as the season goes. I think they still need to get some offense. Our pitchers will be getting loss's in games we should be winning if they dont get some guys swinging the bats. I am afraid it might be a frustrating year.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Phillies finally scored a run!!!!

1-0 Phils over Pittsburgh in the 8th....

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
do they let halladay go all the way on game #1? I doubt it. bring in paps

·
Registered
39,632 Posts
Papelbon nails it down with a 1-2-3 ninth. Phils are in 1st place!

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Nice win... but it's only the lowly Pirates, so nothing to be real excited about.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
This game will be the story of the Phillies whole season. Just getting by.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Glad for the win, but I hope yesterday isn't a sign of whats to come for this team. Lets face it, they went against a guy (Bedard) that lost almost twice as many games as he won last year and they could still only score one run, and collect 8 hits. What happens when Doc isn't on the mound? I guess time will tell if this lineup can get it done. Papelbon was impressive.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
It's a long season, but would certainly enjoy a sweep of the pirates to start the season.

1 - 20 of 349 Posts