The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 639 Posts

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pitchers & catchers start on Wed 2/17, hope this is a better year than 2015 was..They have some new pitchers, we'll see what happens...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Can't be any worse than last year, but they still don't
have a Major League caliber outfielder.

·
Registered
39,269 Posts
He still thinks he can play at a major league level. He can't, but it's hard for him to face that reality. He should get out the golf clubs and enjoy life.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
dc 21 said:
He still thinks he can play at a major league level. He can't, but it's hard for him to face that reality. He should get out the golf clubs and enjoy life.
This works for Mr. Howard too. Oh just a minute, he still is building that monstrosity in Florida and needs money to finish it. Swing away, Mr. Howard; no lefties though.

·
Registered
39,269 Posts
Phillies open today vs the Reds. Are we allowed to call them that? The Chinese might be offended.

Anyway, here is the line up......

1. Cesar Hernandez 4
2. Odubel Herrera 8
3. Maikel Franco 5
4. Ryan Howard 3
5. Carlos Ruiz 2
6. Cedric Hunter 7
7. Peter Bourjos 9
8. Freddy Galvis 6
9. Jeremy Hellickson 1
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sport...UdJkKUBFZOF9.99

That lineup scares me for the wrong reasons.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
That lineup doesn't look much different than late last year. Except a Rook in LF... and another new right fielder, who doesn't have very impresive stats for the Bigs. Like a .200 BA... or 124 SOs on 195 ABs last year.

What is that quote about insanity... Continuing to do the same thing and expect different results?

·
Registered
39,269 Posts
The Phil's lost the opener yesterday but there was a bright spot. Good pitching from their starter. He pitched 6 innings and left with a two to one lead. He gave up one unearned run thanks to Ryan Howard's awful defense. Howard missed a throw from Galvis to allow the run to score. He should have stayed in FLA. He also went 0-3 with a K. He had a chance to drive in a run and hit a lazy ground ball out to end the inning.

The bullpen was absolutely terrible and that's where the game was lost. A combination of 3 walks, a hit batter and three hits and the game was over. It's gonna be a long season, again.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If the Phillies started playing 7 inning games like college they might have a decent record..They always seem to lose in the 8th & 9th innings after leading,

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Watching the game now. Frankly I had forgotten that the season started. Looking at the lineup I realize that I sure do miss football.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Nola pitched 6 / 7 good innings and then splat. No bullpen support + no deep offense support = 2015 Deja Vous all over again.

·
Registered
39,269 Posts
They need a lot of help but their starting pitching looks good so far. It's gonna take a few years to get back to being a winning team. Thanks Rueben, you did a great job.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
I am an optimistic pessimist. They are O Fer right now, but won't be at the end of the season.

Close, but not O Fer.

1 - 20 of 639 Posts