The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
40,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeremy Maclin tore his ACL in a non contact injury today. See you next year JM.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
I just put this up but saw you beat me you city rat so I took it down.

Maclin is a good kid and this is definitely going to hurt him in his paycheck next season. This was his final year on his rookie contract and IF he is able to make it back 100% the Eagles will take millions off their offer.

Riley Cooper as a 15th round pick can't be expected to fill in for a whole season for the #1 pick Maclin, not a good fit at all.

Hey maybe there is a way Vick will be playing with the first team after all.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
If they play Cooper a lot, he will be out within the first half of the season, he goes across the middle a lot, and will catch up with him I think. I like Cooper a ton, has a lot of heart, but Maclin always seemed to step up when we needed it, he'll be missed this season.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Looks like people are really upset with Riley Cooper in Philly.
Let’s face it , it’s not the most PC thing to say but to hear he was fined, and people still want him banned from football is ridiculous
Its OK for the black athletes to smack their girlfriends around, be involved in murders and have drug charges against them but let’s crucify the drunken white boy that was caught up in a redneck moment for his poor choice of words.
If he did this during a game to an fan, while he was in uniform then I would expect the team and league to fine him since he represented the administration and NFL but on this night he was just like the rest of the paying customers at the concert, and I am sure that was not the worst thing that happened that night but it sure is the thing getting the most news coverage.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Way blown up, took up the first 8 minutes of the news last night!!!! Then they had a 1 minute thing about how many got murdered yesterday. I'm thinking I can take people calling me names, NO MATTER WHAT WORDS THEY USE, but getting murdered, is pretty permanent. Todays society, elected officials, and the media, have got their priorities all screwed up. Lets ask the parents or children of the man shot that night, if they really care if Cooper called someone the N word, or the father of the girl killed by a drunk driver, If they would trade getting called the N word every day for the rest of their life, if it would bring their daughter back...Stupidity is all it is. Riley was stupid for saying it, and the organization, city, fans, and the media are stupid for making a big deal about it. Especially in a city that has much bigger problems than that.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Not much crying after John Street was elected and through his jubilation he shouted out how "the brothers are running the city" Now if that can't be interpreted as racist what is?
A fine and community service for running his mouth.....get real.

·
Registered
40,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The actual quote from Street was....

"Let me tell you: The brothers and sisters are running the city. ... Don't you let nobody fool you; we are in charge of the City of Brotherly Love."
He apologized and IIRC that was the end of it.

That is how it should be with Cooper, he said he was sorry and that should be the end of it.

·
Registered
40,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was listening to Anthony Gargano on WIP Radio today and it was his opinion that the Eagles will release Riley Cooper. Gargano said that Chip Kelly called Tony Dungy for his advise on how to handle the situation and Dungy told him to follow his instincts.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
News report I heard over the weekend is Cooper told the Eagles about the incident after he started receiving death threats over Twitter and then NFL security got involved.
Like I said before news of the altercation was held back to a time it would generate more media attention.

Riley needs to grow up and realize he is held to a higher standard, but he also needs to stand up for himself.
Another case where a video shows up with a strictly one dimensional view of the whole picture.

·
Registered
40,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Riley needs to grow up and realize he is held to a higher standard, but he also needs to stand up for himself.
Another case where a video shows up with a strictly one dimensional view of the whole picture.
I agree.

I didn't see or hear what triggered the whole situation. Cooper just wants it all to go away and unfortunately for him, that ain't happening.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Just stinks when you put it into perspective..Riley needs to quit, or get cut, because they don't want him playing with rapists, murderers, and drug dealers and abusers that are already playing in the NFL.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
For a team they practiced against 3 days straight the Eagles looked pretty good with the starting offence.
Chip Kelly may not have found the defense but it sure looks like he had no trouble finding Pat's or Gino's.
He got himself a 8th year Andy belly going on already

Overall it was encouraging to see how far they came along since the end of last season.
Thursday's game should be a better indicator. Hear Vegas has them at 55/1 for making it to the superbowl.

·
Registered
40,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eagles have added receiver Jeff Maehle to their roster. They got him in a trade with the Texans.

Texans trade Jeff Maehl to Eagles
Posted by Josh Alper on August 12, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT

APAnother player who played for coach Chip Kelly at Oregon will be joining him in Philadelphia.

The Eagles have announced that they have acquired wide receiver Jeff Maehl in a trade with the Texans for offensive lineman Nate Menkin. Maehl played for Kelly for four years in Eugene, the first two when Kelly was the offensive coordinator, and finished his college career tied for the top spot on the school’s all-time reception and receiving touchdown lists.

Maehl hasn’t been as prolific in the pros. He made the Texans as an undrafted free agent in 2010 and played three games for them in 2011 without catching a pass. His familiarity with Kelly may help him in the quest for a job, but it will more likely be as a special teamer than as a replacement for Jeremy Maclin and/or Arrelious Benn in the offense.

Menkin spent training camp with the Texans last year before being cut. The Eagles picked him up on waivers, but he didn’t play a game with them before winding up on injured reserve with rather painful sounding fractured cartilage in his throat. He gives Houston some depth with offensive linemen Wade Smith and Brennan Williams currently down with injuries.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Saw him on the news last night, looks like he's 16...sounded like a down to earth guy. Sometimes great players come out of nowhere, we will see.

·
Registered
40,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought the same thing. He looked like a scrawny little kid.

I really don't care though, I just hope he can play.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Hope Kelly saw something nobody else could see in this kid.
He's small and has never caught a pass in the NFL.
Hope when teams start cutting down he goes after some defensive players.
There he can gamble signing some of his old players from college but right now with the defence he has even 6-10 is going to be a stretch.

·
Registered
40,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep, if the Birds don't get a big push up front the secondary will get toasted.

It will be worse than watching the Phillies but at least it will only be once a week and not every night.

·
Registered
40,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eagles halftime report. The Birds are up 14-6 over Carolina.

They have 257 yards of offense but also turned the ball over 3x's.

So far, I like what I see. It's fun to watch an offense throw the ball downfield. I was real tired of Andy's dink and dunk offense. No 2 minute drill.

Heck, Kelly's whole offense is a 2 minute drill.

Even the defense is playing well, holding the Panthers to 2 FG's.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Not a bad looking game but the defence still needs a lot of help.
They seemed to be improved over last weeks game but then the calaber of team was different. Lets not forget the Panthers are what, 23 or 24 place defence in the league? Newton looked off, not sure if it was him or the defence they were throwing at him. Kendricks played like a man possessed.
The upcoming game against the Jags should be a romp, Eagles will use more of Barkley and Dixon next week.

·
Registered
40,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Four things about the game that I liked...

1. Good push up front

2. Players going to the ball to get in on the tackle.

3. Special teams played well. Especially the punter.

4. Vick was very good.

Didn't see much of that stuff last year.

I know it's pre-season but there seems to be an energy on the team that was lacking last year. I don't know how many games they will win but I think they will be a team that gets better as the season goes on.

1 - 20 of 274 Posts