The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Pedersen is following the Andy adage of taking the best player on the board at the time. No QB he picks will be able to start right away and unless they find some big offensive tackles that can play guard until Jason Peters retires will survive.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Bradford has come a long way and ended out the season as one of the more improved players. Sanchez is of no use at all and they should cut him outright.
I think it's going to have to be around a 5 year 100 million dollar deal with a lot guaranteed to make a deal happen.

·
Registered
39,685 Posts
Give Bradford some receivers who can catch the ball and some O lineman who can block and you'll see a different/better Sam Bradford. I agree he was much improved toward the end of the season. You can't put dropped balls or unblocked defenders on the QB.

I heard the Eagles offered Sam 72 million for four years with 45 million guaranteed. Source:WIP

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
Yes, he did make progress in his overall game and I think his confidence also improved. If he has a better than average O Line and has managed to improve his confidence and command of the game then he may be the QB the Eagles are looking for - s<span style="text-decoration: underline">hort term</span>. Throw into that the prospect of RG III or Kapernick or Johnny Football (saints protect and defend us) then there really is no choice anyhow. Oh, and then there is Sanchez and this would, I believe, cause such a fan revolt that it would lead to an economic disaster that would question the future of the franchise being here in Philadelphia.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Its 2:25 and Bradford has that look in his eyes again like a scared deer. Not sure if its anticipation of hitting free agency with out a tag, where he can sign with anyone or fear no-one comes calling and he won't have any option except to take whatever Howie is willing to dish out.

·
Registered
39,685 Posts
A two year deal tells me they will draft a QB.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Not at #13 they wont but I bet they do take one somewhere in the draft.
First need is a big O tackle/guard maybe they will use the #3 pick on a QB.
I am shocked Bradford and his agent settled for a 2 year deal. The money is about where Bradford is worth and the amount guaranteed is above average. Bradford doesn't have much to lose and if it works out well he gets to have a more proven track record and he will only be 30 and could get a longer deal either in Philly or someplace else.

Signing Bradford at this point made the most sense at even a 8-8 season.

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
Well maybe we could rely on the Defense to be the source of touch downs? Plan "B", so to speak, to fill in the gaps.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There wasn't much out there in QB terms for them to grab, so Bradford was their logical choice, they already had him, and at least has experience....

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
RonM said:
There wasn't much out there in QB terms for them to grab, so Bradford was their logical choice, they already had him, and at least has experience....
I agree he improved as the season went on. However, can he stay healthy? His history has shown he can't. FLY EAGLES FLY

·
Registered
39,685 Posts
A good offensive line will increase the chances of him staying healthy. Are you listening Howie?

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Howie "Most Cap Space in the League" Roseman might have his hands tied this season but you you better believe by 2 years from now they will have so much space they can buy the best O line in the NFL.

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
I am happy with the Bradford signing.
Hopefully he can stay away from injury and live up to his original potential.
He showed alot of toughness last year on a team with quite a few guys mailing it in.

·
Registered
39,685 Posts
I was listening to WIP yesterday, the Josh Innes show. He might be the most annoying guy on the planet.

Anyway, he went on a 15 minute rant about how Sam Bradford is not the guy. Bad mouthed him up and down but never once said what the alternative to Bradford is.

If Bradford gets time to throw the ball and receivers who can catch the ball, he'll do just fine. His mobility doesn't concern me. Brady and Peyton are not mobile and they did OK.

I'm fine with him for three reasons.......

1. I think he's a good QB

2. There is nobody better available

3. I think QB's get too much credit for winning and too much blame for losing

The only downside to him are his injuries.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Agreed, if they had Brady instead of Bradford on last seasons team they would have done no better then they did.
Quarterbacks don't drop passes, don't snap the ball over their head and are not suppose to block blitzing linebacker and usually don't pick up "off Sides penalties.
Now a season away from ACL rehab, and knowing he can withstand a pounding and being healthy going into mini camp and camp, he should be better then he was last season and hopefully will get more confident and accurate each game of the coming season.

Bradford might never be a Brady or a Payton, but I think he definitely has the ability to be better then a Cousins, Kaepernick and a Fitzpatrick.
Not sure DeFilippo and Pederson are the best guys to polish a diamond in the rough but the best thing is they are no Chip Kellys.

·
Registered
39,685 Posts
Not sure DeFilippo and Pederson are the best guys to polish a diamond in the rough but the best thing is they are no Chip Kellys.
No Chip Kelly? That's the best thing of all.

·
Registered
39,685 Posts
Eagles trade rumors......Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonzo to Miami as reported by NBC10 news at 4pm. They didn't say what the Eagles will get in return. Stay tuned.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts